Did you mean: 

Autofill Read Only I/O after selecting inputs for other I/O

prajyotp_demapure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm new to Webdynpro.

My requirement is :

After selecting two dates in two different i/o fields the total hours(i/o-read only) should automatically get set with days between 2 dates * 8.

This can be done without using any button.Just after selection of date it gets populate into total_hours.

I did this by using onAction event but I dont want to use extra button for this.

Regard,

Prajyot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create your custom OVS and only allow user to select date from OVS search help.

in oVS search you can implement your logic for calculating hours and bind calculated value with attribute

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prajyotp_demapure
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply gurus.

Can you please tell me how to create OVS specifically for "DATE" input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

go through below link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/OVS+on+a+specific+field+in+webdynpro

in attribute property of date fields instead of dictionary search help use ovs and assign OVS.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible as there are no onKeyup or onBlur events in Web Dynpro ABAP like in java script. You have to press Enter or click any button to trigger an Action.

Or

for your specific requirement, instead of standard date search help, use OVS search help and in OVS event you can calculate and set the hours.

hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran