cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Could you please suggest the process to create masking and name Search.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Manglesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manglesh,

As suggested by Ankush you can see SAP MDM Reference Guide for detailed information on this.

Brief definition on Special tables:

Masks

A single hierarchy table named Masks. In concept, a mask acts like a stencil, in that it blocks (“masks”) all main table records from view except the defined subset of records that are included in the mask,

to allow the subset to be viewed and manipulated as a whole. A mask is a static snapshot of the set of records that are included in the mask (as opposed to a view or a named search, where the results set is determined dynamically every time the search is run). Each record in the Masks table is the name of a subset of main table records. MDM supports an unlimited hierarchy of masks.

Named Searches

A single flat table named Named Searches. A named search is a static snapshot of the search selections that were in effect when the named search was saved (as opposed to a mask, which is a snapshot of the subset of records), where the results set itself is determined dynamically when it is selected. Each record in the Named Searches table returns a subset of a main table’s records. MDM supports 400 named searches per repository.

To create Masks & Named searches- Please select appropriate tables from Data Manager. Right click mouse on right handed pane saying record and click Add.

This way you can added Masks and Named Searches. Then you need to go to main table and look for newly created masks and named searches under parametric search.

To add any records to mask/named searches , right-click on records adn click Add to Mask. For detailed information please see Reference guide of SAP MDM..

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

I highly appreciate your reply.

Thanks & regards,

Manglesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

I would request you to kindly go through MDM Data Manager Reference Guide for details related to this.

You can search for Masks and Named Searches in the document and see the details regarding the same.

In case you are not able to understand any part of it, then you can post the question in the forum.

You can download Reference guides by searching on google itself.

I request you to kindly close this thread and post new in case you have any doubts after you have gone through reference guides.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for your suggestion, as suggested I have donwloaded the Reference Guide.

Thanks & regards

Manglesh