cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOST mails transmission issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having issue with sending mails from 2 application servers, where SMTP is showing not active (but External Bind is active) even after adding " icm/server_port_1 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=24,EXTBIND=1 " in 2 application server instances.

(fyi: icm/server_port_0 parameter is already set active in all instances)

Followed the below link for doing the above activity.

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2012/08/13/sost-mails-transmission-issue-b...

Failed reason is same :

Cannot process message in SAP System

Message no. XS817

Diagnosis

Processing could not be continued due to a technical or configuration error in the SAP system.

System Response

Processing was terminated.

Procedure

Processing was terminated in the SAP system. The reason is given in the details below:

No ESMTP Plug-In Is Available for SAPconnect

Application Server Used by the Send Process:

xxxxxxxxx

(Schedule Send Process on App.Server with Plug-In)

As per SAP Note : 757804, rdisp/start_icman = true parameter already exist in " Default " profile. Even though I have added this parameter in  one of application server instance and restarted the same.

When i try to activate the SMTP in SMICM, error is same " Operation failed (rc=1) with Message no. ICM006 ".

Request someone please help on this issue for smooth functioning of sending mails. If any settings / parameters needs to be set/checked please suggest

Rgds,

Durga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you check if you are able to connect to the mailhost from the application servers from where the mails are not working.

telnet <mail-host> <mail-port>

For <mail-host> and <mail-port>, specify the values entered in the SAPconnect SMTP node (usually 25 for <mail-port>).

Check and confirm back.

Regards,

Mudasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudasir,

I am getting message as " <mail host  name > ESMTP Service ready at Fri, 15 Feb 2013 " from both servers from where mails are not working.

We have already maintained IP of these 2 servers on mail server side and mail host IP was there in /etc/hosts in 2 servers.

Please suggest.

Rgds,

Durga.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Refer SAP note 607108 - Problem analysis when sending or receiving e-mails

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

As per SAP Note : 607108, i have tested the same and received a response starting with "220".

As i mentioned earlier, icm/server_port_1 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=24,EXTBIND=1 is set in all servers, but issue still exist in 2 of them,

You mentioned in your earlier post saying default port for SMTP is 25.

So shall i edit the above parameter to icm/server_port_1 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=25,EXTBIND=1  and give it a try in one of the application server?. Cos it needs restart, so i just want to try one app server.

Please confirm once.

Rgds,

Durga

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Please change the port to 25 and take a restart of one application server.

Check the results .

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Thank you for the hint. I have changed to port 25000 for SMTP and it works fine after bouncing the application once. Also infact my OP link itself is an answer.

Before that i tried with just 25 and it did't work.

Rgds,

Durga

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Ensure the following

1) SMTP port shows active in smicm for the application servers as well as CI server. Default port for SMTP is 25.

2) Once step 1 is done, ensure that SMTP relaying is allowed for all the SAP server ip addresses into your mail server settings.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

In SCOT, under mail server settings there Mail port is showing as 25 along with Mail Host IP address in all 3 Dialog instances including CI+DB as well.

This parameter " icm/server_port_1 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=24,EXTBIND=1 " already exist in my CI+DB and in one of application instance with Mail port as 25 in SCOT. From both of these 2 instances users are receiving mails.

I am facing this issue from 2 instances only.

So you mean to say i have to set icm/server_port_1  PROT=SMTP,PORT=25,EXTBIND=1 in all instances?

Rgds,

Durga.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Yes. So you mean to say i have to set icm/server_port_1  PROT=SMTP,PORT=25,EXTBIND=1 in all instances.

Regards,

Deepak Kori