cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netweaver and R/3 4.6c

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to Netweaver.

My client has 4.6c and insists on having Netweaver. Can the Netweaver stack of components be installed while on R/3 4.6c ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically Netweaver is broadly classified as per below:

1) <b>People Intergration</b> --> Portal and collobration

2) <b>Information Integration</b>--> BIW and Knowledge mang wih MDM (Master Data Manag)

3) <b>Process Integration</b>--> XI (Integration Broker) and BPM (Buss Proccess Manag)

4) <b>Application Platform</b>-->Abap and J2ee .

So even if u have 4.6c and if u install all of the above comp on seperate or same server it becomes Netweaver Stack,that's how u can select the required comp as per buss requirements.Some of the above comp r already there in 4.7 , but XI does not form the part of 4.7 .

re

Jignesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diptish,

Gregor is right, you can install different netweaver components in parallel to 4.6C. It depends on what features of netweaver you want to use. Even though SAP shows the whole Netweaver in one box, it is not exactly like that. E.g. SAP recommends that you install XI on a separate system. Typically you will have EP also on a separate system and same is true with BI. I think you need to first identify what exactly you want to do with Netweaver and depending on that you can install required components.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you and Gregor for the replies.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diptish,

would be nice from you give also some points for the answers. :-).

Regards

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diptish,

you can't install NW on 4.6c but you can install it in parallel to use the new technologies like WebDynpro or the Enterprise Portal with the 4.6c as the backend system.

Regards

Gregor