cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload of Sales based contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

Our implementation is going live on the 01.04.2013. My client has a fiscal year that begins from 01.07.2012 . It therefore follows that by the time  we go live their fiscal year will be having 3 months to end, since it will be ending on 30.06.2013.What strategy then can I use for the upload of these sales based contracts since the final settlement is once in 12 months. The contracts will only be 3 months old , what will be the treatment of  the final settlement bit of the sales based contracts. I was suggesting that all sales based contracts to start on 01.07.2013. What do you think.

Eagerly awaiting your input.

Regards

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JFPC
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Why don't you start the sales based contract also on 1-4-13 and let the first period run to 30-6-13, so only 3 months. After this period ends a regular sales year starts.

Are you going to let the contract start on 1-7-13 also or are they having the original start date in the system. In that case you can still use a reporting and sales rule which starts at 1-7-12 if the contract is valid before or on this date. You can use the first posting date from to prohibit postings in this contract before 1-7-13.

Next to this you also have the possibility to use Sales-ID Extrapolation to enter the correct sales for the year and fill the real sales in the statistical fields. So in this case just start the sales rule on 1-4-13 and fill in the complete sales in this period and use extrapolation to calculate the correct sales based rent. After 1-7-13 you can start your regular process.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeroem

I have successfully used the First Posting From Date to prohibit data from legacy system as planned items , but the issue now is that of the sales based bit.

I have made the following entries to tha contract:

Contract Start 01.07.2012

Condition Start 01.07.2012

First Posting as 01.04.2013 as is the go live date.

Now am trying to work on the sales based part, here I have 2 scenarios:

The Regular sales and the Final settlemnt . Regular sales is quarterly and Final is Once a  year .If i substitute the regular sales with Extrapolation as you advised what interval or start from date am I going to use. Is that not going to interfere with the intervals I have stated for the mini sales rent, and furthermore what will become of the Final settlemnt, which is supposed to be submitted on this quarter of Go Live that is by 31.03.2013 with a 3 months grace period for sales report submissions.

I very much appreciate your contribution, but I need light of treating this sales based bit especially the final settlement.

Regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeroem

I very much thank you for your contribution . I managed very well with the mini sales rent using the First Posting from date, and the amounts were read in the system as already posted amounts. But now with the sales based settlement, the settlement result is coming out as a special entry that needs to be posted. When I posted the partner related cash flow , ie settlement result into the customer account , it is updating as an over due amount that is supposed to be cleared by the customer payment , it is debiting the customer instead of updating as an already cleared amount in legacy.

Let me show you the entries i did for the sales based rent for the contract , in the sales report:

JFPC
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You mean that this sales based rent should be cleared against advance payments or a minimum sales based rent should be taken into account?

Now the complete SBR is posted as a debit on the customer and has to be paid. I think you have posting through cash flow customized so you indeed have to run the periodic posting.

Can you otherwise send me the results of the SBR settlement, maybe there are no advance payments taken into account. Otherwise there might me something missing in the customizing.

Regards,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jeroen, I got your input , I set my sales ID to extrapolation and entered the sales results as statistical, my first posting was set 01.07 .2013 but my cash flow to 01.04.2013 . This has allowed me to have my sales based min guarantee rent entered as puesdo actual cash flow status posted , which is what I wanted. I processed the settlemnt of the sales based , but of course , posting of these results with cash flow does not need to be executed.  

I thank you for your contribution , it has worked very well .Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen

I have yet another special feature with my Final Settlement Frequency.

I have my testing contract as follows:

Start Date 01.07.2012

On Posting Parameter Tab I set Frequency Start as Custom

User Defined Start as 01.07.2012

This is the first fiscal period of the client and runs up to 30.06.2013

I have set my reporting rule as follows:

For Sales Frequency 3

Frequency Unit : Months

Tolerance : 7 Business Days

Calendar: ZA

For the Certified Sales I set the Rule as Follows:

Frequency : 1 in years

Frequency Unit : Years

Tolerance : 3 Months

Calendar ZA

The following are the intervals for the Sales Reports:

01.07.2012-30.09.2012

01.10.2012-31.12.2012

01.01.2013-31.03.2013

01.04.2013-30.06.2013

But when I simulate the Sales Report for the Certified Sales the system is coming up with 2 intervals as follows:

01.07.2012-31.12.2012

01.01.2013-31.12.2013

The system is considering the frequency as start of Calendar yr instead of say custom. I want one interval for the certified sales report as for example

01.07.2012-30.06.2013.

Do you have an idea of how I can manupilate the system to come up with that .

Thank You in Advance

Regards

David

Answers (0)