SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS inbound intergrate the Promotion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to test the standard promotion function for POS inbound.

Does anybody know how to do it or if i configated the setting for the promotion, How i can know that is intergrated in POS inbound?

Any document that i can refer to ?

Regards,

Luke

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

Hello Luke,

Just to clarify and understand your question(s) better.

1. Are you asking about testing in the context of a particular system landscape or in general?
    1. If so what are the systems (especially SAP ones) involved and their versions?
  2. Are you asking about the promotion capabilities in SAP for Retail (ERP) or SAP Promotions Management (PMR)?
    1. Example: For the Master Data outbound process from SAP for Retail (ERP) to POS there are two techniques, Intermediate Documents (IDocs) and Enterprise Services (eSOA). Which one are you using/interested in?
  3. The Point-of-Sale you are referring to is this SAP POS or Non-SAP solution?
    1. If SAP POS, which version?

Regards,

John

0 Kudos

Hello John,

Thanks your reply.

For the point 1, Since i setup the inbound posting for the POS sales. I just want to know that how can i add the promotion into there.

For the Point 2, I am using the IDocs for the sales posting. So is it possible to add the promotion there?

For the Point 3, it is Non-SAP solution.

Regards,

Luke

0 Kudos

Hello Luke,

"For the point 1, Since i setup the inbound posting for the POS sales. I just want to know that how can i add the promotion into there."

The logic in POS Inboud is the following:

If you post a sale from a store, where acutally a promotion is running (which means date of the sale is within "on sale from" and "on sale to" from the promotion), SAP is autmatically adding the promotion number to the posting. There is no additional customizing to be done.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

Thanks your reply, but may i know that how can i create the promotion code ?

Regards,

Luke

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Luke,

you can refer to this document:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/12/084f4f470311d1894a0000e8323352/content.htm?framese...

"Automatic update of sales quantities and other promotion data (during POS inbound processing) while a promotion is running."

Regards

Tobias