cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to generate Inspection lot for Operation subcontracting of production order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have maintained QM view of material master with inspection types "01","0101","0130". Maintained control key as PP02 in an operation of production order.Also maintained Q-info record for that material and vendor.

How to check / inspect the material which sent to vendor as operation subcontracting.

I am attaching the screen shot of error from QI07 which is "no source inspection are required".

Please suggest me correct steps for inspecting material sent to vendor as operation subcontracting.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Inspection for external processing (subcontracting) and 2) Source inspection are totally different.

1) You have to maintain 'External processing' data in operation detail of routing.

You can assign an inspection type there. (eg. 0130)

From production order, purchase requisition, purchase order and GR, then an inspection lot is created.

Sure, the inspection type should be activated in material master.

2) You have to maintain 'Q.info.record' and assign an inspection type. (eg. 0101)

From purchase order, you can create an inspection lot manually or by background job before GR.

Sure, the inspection type should be activated and set 'QM proc. active' and 'QM control key' also.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for prompt reply.

I have maintained 0130 inspection type in operation detail of routing.

Now my question is that when inspection lot will be generated as I have created production order and from there PR----> PO is made.

I did GR also but then also no Inspection lot is generated. I have checked in QA32 also.

Please help.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My requirement is that I am sending raw material for operation subcontracting.Now as per std behavior inspection lot for header material  will be generated as inspection type "0130".

I want to generate inspection lot for raw material which was sent for operation sub contracting because  after receiving this material from external vendor various operations are carried out in house only and then only final SFG / FG material produced.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is not clear.

Which material and when do you want to inspect?

Company                                  Subcontractor

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Send material A

Receive material A

Produce material B

Send material B

Receive material B

The inspection type 0130 in standard SAP is for inspection of "Receive material B".

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sending material 10001 for operation subcontracting vendor. Vendor do the operation and send it back and further operations are carried out inside the factory.By confirming all the operations I will get the header material.

what all is to be done to inspect the material 10001 received from vendor. Inspection type will be maintain  for the header material.

I want to inspect the material received from the vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is material 10001 your Header material? and you are expected to receive material 10001 from your subcontractor (vendor) after subcontracting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. Material 10001 is my raw material and I am sending it for operation sub contracting.

When it comes back i want to check QC parameters of the same material 10001.doing additional  operation in-house on the same material 10001 header material is produced.

Hope you understand it.

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mihir,

The material which u r sending to subcontractor , is coming back to u with some modification /value addition.So it should have separate material number, & QM master datas( like Inspection plan & all...).

It should be treated as SEMI-FINISHED  when u r taking it back from subcontractor.

Pls. revert back with points if it works.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waiting for the reply.

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

Kindly check the material master (QM view) Insp.type-01,0130 & 04