cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS2010 on new PC: 'ToolPanelViewType' : the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type

Former Member
0 Kudos

After migrating to a new PC on which I use VS2010, I'm getting an error when trying to build a project that still builds fine on my old PC.  The error is:

error C3083: 'ToolPanelViewType': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type.

One code line (of several) returning this error is as follows:

crystalReportViewer1->ToolPanelView=CrystalDecisions::Windows::Forms::ToolPanelViewType::None;

The same line also returns "error C2065: 'None': undeclared identifier", "error C2039: 'ToolPanelView': is not a member of 'CrystalDecisions::Windows::Forms::CrystalReportViewer'", and "errorC2039: 'None': is not a member of 'CrystalDecisions::Windows::Forms'"

Because the same code and project/solution compile on the old PC, I'm assuming I must have missed something that I needed to install on the new PC, but I'm not having any luck figuring out what is missing.  I do have Crystal Reports for Visual Studio version 13.0.5 installed.  Could someone point me in the right direction to find out what I overlooked?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin

Not sure. I just did a test using VB and C# (just because I had these opened). The code was pretty simple:

Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
Imports CrystalDecisions.ReportSource
Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared
Imports CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

Public Class Form1

Public Sub New()

' This call is required by the designer.
        InitializeComponent()

' Add any initialization after the InitializeComponent() call.

CrystalReportViewer1.ToolPanelView = ToolPanelViewType.None
        CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = "C:\test\tpm_summary2011data.rpt"

End Sub
End Class

This worked fina as long as I had:

Imports CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

I may have found the problem.  When I looked at CrystalDecision.Windows.Forms in the Object Browser on the old PC, it's showing as version 13.0.2000.0, but when I look at it on the new PC, it's showing version 10.2.3600.0.  They're also loading from different directories.  So it looks like I have to figure out how to get the new PC to use the correct DLL.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhh!

OK, this is a known issue in that CR 10.2 (bundled with VS 2005) does not like to play with CR 13 (CRVS2010 / 2012) - on development computers only. Your best bet will be to:

1) uninstall crvs2010 / 2012

2) uninstall / remove CR 10.2

3) reinstall crvs2010 / 2012

If you don't remove CR 10.2, the references will keep on trying to slip into the project.

- Ludek

Answers (0)