cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign different set of portal roles based on the user self-registration type UME

former_member1003269
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to setup the configuration for the self-registered users accessing CRM functionality on the backend through the Portal. There are two types of the self registration the first the user can register as an Individual and the second is self-registration as a Company. (UME configuration for self-registration has option to register user as a Company)  Once the user has been registered and received the notification (successfull registration ) email with generated initial password he can logon to the portal. The portal UME is mapped to the ABAP user store on the backend.

We would like to have different set of roles assigned  for the user registered as a Company and as an Individual. How to assigne roles based on the user registration type ?  During the self-registration when the Sap user is created in the ABAP store, does it have a flag if he registers as a Company. Is there a way to create 2 user groups for self-registered users (Individual and Company) based on the user registration type   

Any thoughts on that ?

Thanks

Denis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

Its not clear that you're using IDM to do any of this work so I don't know if this is relevant.  However:

In IDM you can create a task which attaches the required roles based on the attribute being set (to User or Company or whatever).

Have a task that sets the default roles as a context variable in format <rolename>|<rolename>.  I usually use a global constant to list default roles so they're easy to find and change later.

The next task then adds the value of the context variable to the users roles - {A}context variable

Attach the first task to the add/modify event on the attribute and link task 2 as a subtask of task 1.

Peter

former_member1003269
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

We just have the Portal 7.01  and the UME is mapped to the ABAP data store  on the CRM backend. From what I know there is just the ABAP user store. What I do not understand is when the user self-register himself (portal) and chooses to register as a Company type or as an Individual (UME config) and the SAP user is created on the CRM Abap store. How does abap store handes this. Does it have an attribute for the users created as a company or it has a user group for those type of users? Could you share some ideas on that? Do you think the IDM would help ? Is it nessesary to have it for this scenario?

Appreciate your help!

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

I'm afraid my knowledge of CRM is limited.  I'd suggest by starting with a detailed comparison of a new user and new company to determine what differentiaters there are.

From there you should be able to determine the requirements for each.

Peter

former_member1003269
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter