cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication of HR users into SRM PPOMA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm implementing SRM 7 EHP2 with ECC 6 EHP6. I have the following scenario. Users are created in ECC and are displayed in transaction PPOME all unnassigned. I need to replicate those users to SRM System, and to create relationships to that user (Position and Central Person). When I run tcode USERS_GEN, there is one option that fits my requeriment perfectly, "Import users from other System via RFC". I use that option, and the user is created perfectly.

My question is the following. Is there any way to create a job that executes that transaction? The idea is to replicate users daily.

Hope I've explained myself well.

Thanks

Mati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mati,

Please let us know the requirement cleary, if you want HR structure to be replicated to SRM system, there is a process to do that, you need to setup ALE distribution from ECC to SRM.

You can find the detailed procedure from the notes: 312090 and 550055 and delta can be setup so that any new user additions will be automatically replicated to SRM from ECC structure.

Coming to, user assignment to SRM structure via Users_gen,

There is no option available to setup a background job.

Also, you need to assign the org. ID number to place su01 user into srm structure. As per the business structure desing you may have multiple org. units and need to assign the people under various units.

When you setup a background job, how you are going to choose org. id ?

As you mentioned, you want to created srm users on daily based on user id's setup in other system. Yes, it is very well possible through a custom report where you can verify the users02 table for new users and assign them to SRM structure.

But only issue is, regarding SRM Org. ID under which you want to include the users? It may vary from user to user .

We have implemented a solution through a custum developed report which runs on daily basis, assigns the  users into SRM structure based on default cost centre & company code setup in HR data (Info type 0001).

If you provide more information about the requirement I can provide you some info about custom development posibility to fillfull your requirement.

Regards,
Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Govardhan, thanks for your answer.

Sorry I didn't mentioned it. I only assign users to "Unasigned employees" in SRM. Then, the assignment to different nodes is done manually. As we don't have organizational structure in ECC, we only want to replicate users.

So, according to you, we'll need to create a custom report that simulates RFC creation from users_gen. I can set a variable in a Z table with Org ID, and the report always takes that variable.

I've also investigated CUA, with ALE distribution, but I'm not sure if that will fulfill our requeriment. We still have users_gen functionality pending.

Hope I've clarified a bit.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have any idea regarding ALE distribution when HR structure doesn't exist.

Coming to users_gen automation in sync with ECC, you can develop a report where it will check ecc user id and then followed by SRM org.structure assignment.

Only thing is as you mentioned you need to input the srm org id to keep the user under that org id.

Probably you may need to provide more info about the logic how you want to identify the srm org id when custom users_gen report runs.

Please let  me know if you need any further info about the technical part.

We have developed similar functionality, your ABAP person can easily develop a requirement.

Regards,
Govardhan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mati,

Users_gen uses Function pool SAPLBBP_MASS_CREATION, you can use this for your z program.

I am not sure, how variants can be maintained since you want to execute this as background job.

Regards,

Abhijeet

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer OSS note Note 550055 - EBP/CRM: New integration for business partner for information.