cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass Documentation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any documentation out there that specifically covers how the various job passes, i.e. "To Database", "From Generic", "Shell Pass", etc., all work? How they handle data and what each of the fields mean? I've combed the SAP documentation and there's nothing really showing how to use the various passes and in what situations they're best applied. ANY help at all would be welcomed. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may not be what you are looking for - or you already know it? But all pass types are described in the help file for the Identity Center. This information is also available from the Help Portal:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic72/en/managing_passes/dse_file_newpass.htm

Each tab/field is described, like for instance the "Destination" tabl of the "To identity store" pass:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic72/en/managing_passes/to_passes/dse_toidstore_dest.htm

Regards,

Rannveig Østevik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rannveig. This actually looks very good. Still not at "dumbed down" as I would like but I think it's enough for me to go on. I can probably create my own DOCs w/screenshots using this information. Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon

Not really - the documentation is pretty light on and is more of a 'follow these steps' without explaining the underlying workings.  I find it quite frustrating myself.

That being said, some people have started putting stuff up on blogs when they find it - either here or on personal blogs.

I'm afraid google or pulling apart the SAP provided frameworks to find out how they work may be the best bet.

If in doubt, ask here - someone has probably already undergone the pain of trying to figure it out.

If I get the time I might actually write up at least some of the stuff I've got in my head.  It needs to get done but...

Peter