cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Vendors problem in one shipment and shipment cost document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have following problems in VT01N and VI01

Problem 1

1. I need to pay to multiple vendors for one single shipment. (Export case)

Ex:- Following are the vendors

1.Transporter

2.Buffer vendor

3.CHA vendor (Clearing House Agent)

4. Shipping line vendor.

For this I have created multiple stages in the route. I have entered one vendor for each stage.

My question is that in VT01N after entering vendor each stage wise do I need to enter the same vendors under the PARTNER tab against each partner function?

To copy each stage wise vendor into separate line item in shipment cost doc in VI01 do we need to enter as partner function also in VT01N ?

Problem 2

In VI01

When I create shipment cost doc in VI01 I am getting multiple line items with single vendor whose partner function is CR and in the log I am getting error item can not be created because partner (Ex:- TR or TU or TF ) does not exist in reference document.

Can any body tell me how to solve these two problems.

Thanks & Regards,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"My question is that in VT01N after entering vendor each stage wise do I need to enter the same vendors under the PARTNER tab against each partner function?"

- No, you don't. But the shipment cost type of course needs to be B (shipment leg), C (Load Transfer Point) or D (Border Crossing Point), depending on the type of stage you created.

"item can not be created because partner (Ex:- TR or TU or TF ) does not exist in reference document."

- you mapping of item category (in the freight cost document) to partner function is wrong resp. the wrong partner function is assigned to the item category which is being found.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the reply. My requirement to create stage is as follow.

Sage -1 Transporter will carry container from plant to Railway station.

Stage-2 Railway will carry the container to sea port.

Stage -3 Container will be moved to buffer warehouse if ship is delayed.

Stage-4 CHA will do custom clearance when ship arrives in port(Gate In)

Stage-5 from departure port to discharge port (Customers nearest port).

For this requirement please tell me whether I need to select shipment cost type B or C or D ?

Problem- 2

"item can not be created because partner (Ex:- TR or TU or TF ) does not exist in reference document."

This error I m not getting if i maintain vendor against each partner function. For example

For TF If I assigned Vendor in VT01N or VT02N I am not getting this error.

• To avoid the above problem Instead of entering the vendors each stage wise I have created Partner functions based on number of stages and for each partner function I have assigned a vendor in VT01N/VT02N.
  • In VI01 all the vendors assigned to partner function copied separately for each line item. After that PO and service entry sheet also created successfully and even I am able to do MIRO also with out any error. Is this the correct approach to capture multiple vendors in one shipment/shipment cost document. can you please guide me?
Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.