cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error details in the Alert Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've configured 'Schema Validation' by IE in the Sender Agreement and configured Alerts for this scenario.

When there is a Schema validation error, message is failing at this step and an alert is getting triggered accordingly. However, alert doesn't have enough information about the error.

Error in SXMB_MONI SOAP header

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<!--  XML Validation Inbound Channel Request   -->
<SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>
  <SAP:Code area="XML_VALIDATION_INB">CX_XMS_SYSERR_VALIDATION</SAP:Code>
  <SAP:P1>XML Validation for payload with root element name AccountCreation , target namespace urn:xyz.com:abc:pqr:sm:customer_account

Failed! Errors Encountered During Parsing 1.cvc-length-valid: Value '' with length = '0' is not facet-valid with respect to length '1' for type 'null'.

2.cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '' of element 'Language' is not valid. 3.cvc-minLength-valid: Value '' with length = '0' is not facet-valid with respect to minLength '1'

for type 'null'. 4.cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '' of element 'Phone' is not valid. 5.cvc-minLength-valid: Value '' with length = '0' is not facet-valid with respect to

minLength '1' for type 'null'. 6.cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '' of element 'Communication_Method' is not valid. 7.cvc-maxLength-valid: Value 'Mexican' with

length = '7' is not facet-valid with respect to maxLength '3' for type 'null'. 8.cvc-type.3.1.3: The value 'Mexican' of element 'Cuisine_Type' is not valid.</SAP:P1>
  <SAP:P2 />
  <SAP:P3 />
  <SAP:P4 />
  <SAP:AdditionalText>not used at the moment.</SAP:AdditionalText>
  <SAP:Stack>System error occurred during XML validation</SAP:Stack>
  <SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>
</SAP:Error>

Alert container has the following values

Container VariableValue
SXMS_ERROR_CATXML_VALIDATION_INB
SXMS_ERROR_CODECX_XMS_SYSERR_VALIDATION
SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT

System error occurred during XML validation

Additional Text: not used at the moment.

SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRLINESSystem error occurred during XML validation####Additional Text: not us
ed at the moment.

For other errors such as EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE, values from P1, P2, P3 & P4 are made part of 'Stack'.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<!--  Message canceled   -->
<SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>
  <SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code>
  <SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_PurchaseOrderConfirmationIntermedi~</SAP:P1>
  <SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.MessageMappingExceptio</SAP:P2>
  <SAP:P3>n: Runtime exception when processing target-field</SAP:P3>
  <SAP:P4>mapping /ns1:ReplenishmentOrderConfirmation/Reple~</SAP:P4>
  <SAP:AdditionalText />
  <SAP:Stack>Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_PurchaseOrderConfirmationIntermedi~;
      com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.MessageMappingException: Runtime exception when processing target-fieldmapping
      /ns1:ReplenishmentOrderConfirmation/Reple~</SAP:Stack>

As expected the Alert container variable has the same value as 'Stack'

SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRLINES

Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_P
urchaseOrderConfirmationIntermedi~; com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.Messag
eMappingException: Runtime exception when processing target-fieldmappi
ng /ns1:ReplenishmentOrderConfirmation/Reple~

Because the alert for XML schema validation doesn't have enough information, the source system  support team can't act on it w/o involving PI support team...in a way  alert is ineffective.

How do I get P1, P2, P3 & P4 values show up in Stack in the SOAP Header 'Error'? Is there any SAP Note for this? I've searched, but did not find it

I'm planning to create message for SAP Support, but before that checking if anyone experienced this issue already?

thanks in advance

praveen

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"  standalone="yes" ?>
- <!--
 XML Validation Inbound Channel Request 
-->
- <SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>
<SAP:Code area="XML_VALIDATION_INB">CX_XMS_SYSERR_VALIDATION</SAP:Code>
<SAP:P1>XML Validation for payload with root element name AccountCreation ,  target namespace urn:sysco.com:sysco:sysco360:sm:customer_account Failed!Errors  Encountered During Parsing 1.cvc-length-valid: Value '' with length = '0' is not  facet-valid with respect to length '1' for type 'null'. 2.cvc-type.3.1.3: The  value '' of element 'Language' is not valid. 3.cvc-minLength-valid: Value ''  with length = '0' is not facet-valid with respect to minLength '1' for type  'null'. 4.cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '' of element 'Phone' is not valid.  5.cvc-minLength-valid: Value '' with length = '0' is not facet-valid with  respect to minLength '1' for type 'null'. 6.cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '' of  element 'Communication_Method' is not valid. 7.cvc-maxLength-valid: Value  'Mexican' with length = '7' is not facet-valid with respect to maxLength '3' for  type 'null'. 8.cvc-type.3.1.3: The value 'Mexican' of element 'Cuisine_Type' is  not valid.</SAP:P1>
<SAP:P2 />
<SAP:P3 />
<SAP:P4 />
<SAP:AdditionalText>not used at the moment.</SAP:AdditionalText>
<SAP:Stack>System error occurred during XML validation</SAP:Stack>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a message for SAP Support. They have released the following SAP Note 1834012 to resolve the issue.

Note 1834012 - No details of the error in the alert for Schema Validation

Perform the following manual task before implementing the relevant support package.

1. Start transaction SOTR_EDIT and set the value           '81C1F95DC1970142866D3CFFC65531DE' in the field 'Concept'.

2. Switch to language 'English'.

3. Enter the value '81C1F95DC1970142866D3CFFC65531DE' in the field 'Concept'

4. Click on button 'Change'.

5. Change existing text 'System error occurred during XML validation' to '&P1&'.

6. Save the change.

7. Switch to language 'German' and perform the same steps for the concept           '81C1F95DC1970142866D3CFFC65531DE'.

-praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

First of all Alert is only helpful to get an idea that any message specific to an Interface failed within PI landscape and if you want to resolve / reprocess / do further analysis that one, you always need the help of PI Support team.

About P1, P2, P3 & P4, don't think it would be possible to add these parameters in SOAP Header section. SXMB_MONI has very standard functionality and these type of flexibility not present.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Thanks for your response.

I understand that cancelling/reprocessing has to be done by PI support team. But in case of data issues such as this, PI support team has no option but to cancel the message. However, the sending system support team needs to be notified of the field in error and what is wrong with it.

The idea is that if enough information is present in the Alert, it can be directly sent to sending system support team and PI support team will simply cancel the message w/o analyzing further.

I'm not expecting any new behavior here... I want P1, P2, P3 & P4 to be concatenated in to <SAP:Stack>, like in the case of Mapping exceptions. Alerts container is getting the error message from <SAP:Stack>.

Thanks

Praveen

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I totally agree with your point. In normal scenario, PI support team do analysis on the basis of error email and raise Ticket to the respective team. But it would be really good if directly Sender / Receiver team can find out useful information within the mail. But Alert mechanism up to PI 7.11 I don't think have that type of flexibility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bumping it up to get some visibility.

I appreciate your inputs on this.

thanks

praveen