cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Details Tab does not populate for User Request Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using GRC SP10 integrated with LDAP

When we do a User Request Creation in GRC 10 SP 10 the user details tab does not populate for some users. We have integrated into our LDAP. When we do the initial search for the user it does find the user by username or lastname and populates the Users First, Last Name and email. But when we go to the next screen the user details tab does not always populate. When we go tcode LDAP and search for the user it does pull all the users information. I included screenshots of one that does not work and for one that does. Please forgive me if I missed something. I am 2 months new to SAP and GRC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jatin,

We did try pointing to the top level. The way our LDAP is setup the top level is a DC and not OU. We could not get it working when we pointed to that DC. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Check your logical connector and your ldap server name.

also check your base entry. if base entries are correctly defined, asked the LDAP admin, how it is configured.

He would let you know how it is been set up and he gives the distinguished name to get working.

try this, hope it works.

Thanks, Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johua,

Please refer to the sap note-1715483 &1584110 and Kindly check that you have completed all

the configuration steps as mentioned in these notes.

Best Regards,

Nandita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a similar problem. I have configured LDAP (Seq#1) and ECC (Seq#2) in data source connections and I am able to see the data from both LDAP and ECC but I am unable to get them populated into the user details tab from LDAP. It populates the users details from ECC though. I have checked both of your notes 1715483 &1584110 and everything is in place per the notes. I have even tried removing ECC and just tried with LDAP but it still does not populate.

We are currently on SP09 and I do not see Access Request Validations parameter group in Access Control>Maintain Configuraiton Settings. Is this an issue?

Thank you for your help,

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello our issue turned out to be how our LDAP is setup. We are only able to search inside one OU. When we setup our LDAP we pointed to 2 OU's but GRC couldn't see anything in the 2nd OU. So when we put in request and selected the user no details were pulled. We then moved the user to the 1st OU and the details populated. I am not sure why it workes like this.

jatin_grover
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Joshua,

You need to point to the top level OU so that the result is fetched from both the OU's.