cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BC -- Commit BAPI function call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everybody,

how can I tell the SAP Business Connector to send a closing transaction commit after calling an BAPI function call?

For example in SAP PI there is an option named "Commit Handling for Single BAPI Calls" in the Communication Channel option, but I didn't find a comparable option for the BC.

If there is no standard-option for doing this, do you think it is working to call the function "BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT" after calling the relevant BAPI by implementing a B2B Service?

Thanks for helping.

Best Regarts,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

In order to commit a notification create BAPI, you need to issue a  BAPI_NOTIF_SAVE.  To do so, you must first start a session with BC, then issue the create notification request within that transactional session, issue the  BAPI_NOTIF_SAVE in the same transactional session, and then issue the commit with this action.

Regards,

Prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Prasanth,

at first thanks for your reply.

How can I start a transactional session in BC manually?

In our configuration we are just routing the BAPIs from the source-system to the destination-system by having Routing Rules with mappings (flow services) as Pre-Processing Services or Post-Processing Services.

All other things are done by the BC automatically, as far as I know. So where do I have to configure this?

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

is there anywhere a documentation which describes how to do?

Thanks and regards

Tobias