cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set not to plan one country’s components in SNP multilevel heuristic planning running in another country?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As part of our global supply planning, there is a need to do
multilevel SNP planning for all subcontracted items in a location in ASIA
PACIFIC. These ASIA PACIFIC location parent items use some components produced
in North American plant. The multilevel planning runs in ASIA time 9:00pm which
is North American 1:00pm, and hitting on components in North America plant
which are already under ATP check by North American planners, causing
disruptions. We want to run multilevel for subcontracting planning purpose but
we don’t want to plan components in location in different country. It may
create demand but not to create or change supply elements. Is there a way to prevent ASIA PACIFIC nightly
job not plan North America location components?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In the planning run (transaction /SAPAPO/SNP01) you can manually exclude locations from planning.  Then you can run the excluded locations at a later time.  However, there is a chance the planning situation may change between running the Asia Pacific job and running the NA job.

Make sure the LLC is run first.

Best Regards.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for quick reply. While we run multilevel heuristic (scope of planning - Network heuristic, & CHECK for take into account found components option in planning run) we have selection ID with all ASIA PLANTS only selected. My understanding is that the plant selection either include or exclude is only for parent level products. Being multilevel it has to go all components level planning even the plant not selected in the selection list at the begining. I do not think we have any control for component level selection in multilevel planning. Please can you eloborate on this or correct me on my understanding on this.

Thanks

Raj