cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Item Category determination in sales order via program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are changing item category through an exit based on a field at item level, which the user would enter manually.

However once the exit changes the item category, if the user reverses his selection or gives another value for which item category should be the orginal one, i need to change the item category back to what was originally determined.

Rather than looking up the config tables of item category determination, we would like to trigger item category determination through the exit itself.

Can someone suggest if this is possible, if so what is the code to be written.

Regards,

KC

SAP SD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

am not sure if you can do it away without maintaining table entries in T184 ( Maintain item cat determination ). However since there is manual item category which can be changed at the order level, may be that can be used depending on the user input at run time. To restrict the user to give item category suitable based on the input value, you can incorporate the logic in the exit.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

We cannot do away with maintaining item category determination as an item category has to be proposed by the system. We are changing it (to the one which is configured as manual item category) based on user inputs. But if he removes his input, i have to get back the original item category. How do i do it. One way is look up the config tables and get it since system would also determine based on the same config. However if there is a function / routine which explicitly triggers standard item category determination, that will avoid multiple select queries based on document type, usage, etc.

Regards,

KC