Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Services

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know when Sap is going to launch MDS tool? i heard its a

And what are teh pre-requisites to learn it, i heard that we need to be an expert in SQL. but im not sure though.

I work in SAP MDM, and dont have any other experiance, so is it wise enough to switch over?

Please suggest.

Kind Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

I would tend to agree with Deepak on this.

But Please note it will be a long way before Master Data Service really establishes itself as intially only Customer Data Integration release is planned.About the release date,I am waiting to hear about it

Also,any switch will not be a major switch if you work on other related EIM products.The way I understand is SAP has set a future direction taking all the related modules, leveraging their strengths and bundling all into one complete product conglomerate.So experience in these related products should really help.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eva

Just to add, you can also focus on SAP EIM - BODS (Business Objects Data Services) and SAP EIM- INFOS (Information Steward).

Both are very good tool from ETL (Extraction Transformation Loading), Data Profiling, Data Quality, Text Data Processing, Data Integration, Metadata Management perspective.

This is really a kind of heads up in Data Technologies from SAP.

Also you can check few blogs around it

http://scn.sap.com/people/deepak.gupta7/blog/2011/04/26/sap-trio--mastering-the-master-data

http://scn.sap.com/people/deepak.gupta7/blog/2011/05/12/edm-universe-the-big-picture-for-master-data

Hope you will find these helpful.

Now coming to your lead concern, I am also hopeful that we will surely here something about MDS (Master Data Services) from SAP.

deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eve,

I am being diplomatic answering your query,. None of us are sure how long MDM wil prolong our careers.

I am not sure if SAP has any plans of launching a tool called MDS which would require knowledge on SQL query- I have not heard of this.

Offlate, SAP has been focusing more on MDG (Master Data Governance) and SAP HANA. If you think there's something planned to be launched in near future i would say learn it. Knowledge is experience. There's no harm learning something new. Thsi will be an additional stuff in your career. You can also think of learning SAP PI which is vastly used than MDM.

Regards,

Ali