Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI USMD_UI_EVENT2 does not trigger BS_OVP_BP application via NWBC

ashwincap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If we have to make BADI enhancement on the UI modeling in MDG 6.1 for Customer domain which BADI we need to use? We have checked all the provided BADIs but none of them point to "BS_OVP_BP"  UI application OR to the “BS_OVP_CU” UI config ID in the filter conditions. We even tried writing our own enhancement class inheriting from an existing BADI USMD_UI_EVENT2 and modifying the filter condition to point to “BS_OVP_CU” UI config ID but that BADI is not getting triggered from Customer Governance NWBC screens.

Please suggest.

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

As mentioned by Mr.Michael,BADI USMD_UI_EVENT2 is no longer in usage from MDG 6.1.

Instead you have to use feeder classes for the same purposes.

Please refer to section 5.9 in this document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30192

ashwincap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael/VKanc,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked this documents.

But my concern is for the Validation and Derivation.

For example, I want to influence the fields of Entity type BP_COMPNY, based on the valued of Entity Types BP_HEADER and BP_CENTRL.

I am able to read the datas of different entity Types, but facing challenge to influnce the data of other Entity Types.

What I understand is that there should be some BADIs which will provide me the Changing parameters with the values of all the related entity Types to BP_Header( BP _HEADER being the leading Entioty Type.

There is BADIL USMD_RUL_SERVICE, but this does not return me the values of related Entity Type.

Please suggest.

Ashwini

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

as written in the documents, the major part of the derivation logic is handled in the object specific handler classes. This would be the recommendation for custom derivations, too. Note that the handler classes implement validations as well.

Best regards

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

the MDG 6.1 UI does not use the mentioned BAdI. Please refer to the various documents in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858 related to extending the BP and its UIs.

Best regards

Michael