Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA and User groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if I add a new user in the CUA system with a User Group that not exist in the Child System, the user is not created and I've a error message in the SCUL, because the User Group is not exist. How can I do to resolve it ? Is necessary to created manually the user group before to add a user ?

Thank's in advanced

Francesc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesc,

When you are trying to create a user and assign him to a user group which isnot existent in the child system creates inconsistent data which is exactly the reason why you will not be able to update as the system fails to understand how to respond to this.

So for this two things should happen.

1) it should automatically create new group in child system if it encounters a new one as in your case (I am not sure if there is any way that could happen)

2) an easier way is to make sure that you actually have the User group existing in the child system as the one in the CUA.

The errors in scul are the ones which the SAP has blocked for the reason that voilate expected trend...

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Manohar

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the user group doesn't exist in the child system, you need to create the user group manually before adding the user. If not do not enter the user group while creating the user.

Regards,

Ashok

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor

Hi Francesc

Please check note 395841

In table PRGN_CUST you can maintain the entry "CUA_USERGROUPS_CHECK" (Through SM30) . If you use value "I" the message will be ignored, with a "C" in value, the usergroup will be created.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

I've read the note that you said and I've tested it, but in the Child System the user group is not created. Have you check it in your systems ?

Thank's in advanced

0 Kudos

I Haven't experienced any problems with this - In which systems have maintained the entry ?

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

In the CUA system I've the next entries in the table PRGN_CUST :

ASSIGN_ROLE_AUTH value CHANGE

CUA_USERGROUPS_CHECK value C

0 Kudos

Morten,

Do you changed the setting in Central system or all child systems.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Just in the CUA System. Do you think it's necessary to change in the child systems too ?

Regards

Francesc

0 Kudos

Hi Francesc,

you have to maintain the parameter CUA_USERGROUPS_CHECK in PRGN_CUST in <u>all child systems</u>!

Then the child system will create the usergroup if it does not exist. But it won't create the short text /description for the group.

Regards,

Claudia

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesc,

When you are trying to create a user and assign him to a user group which isnot existent in the child system creates inconsistent data which is exactly the reason why you will not be able to update as the system fails to understand how to respond to this.

So for this two things should happen.

1) it should automatically create new group in child system if it encounters a new one as in your case (I am not sure if there is any way that could happen)

2) an easier way is to make sure that you actually have the User group existing in the child system as the one in the CUA.

The errors in scul are the ones which the SAP has blocked for the reason that voilate expected trend...

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Manohar