cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while reversing the goods movement through VL09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

While reversing the goods movement for a delivery the user was getting a error"Goods movement for delivery 875745766 cannot be canceled for the following reasons 'No material document could be found for cancellation.The main reason for this error for some reasons the material document has been deleted or archived  by user accidentally .How can we overcome this error .Can we unarchive the material document if yes how to unarchive

Regards

susmita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had given you already the documentation link where SAP clearly explains that retrieving of archived material documents is not foreseen.

So there is no program in SAP that can make this happen.  I do not say that it is technically imposssible, especially not because I know a company who has done it.

But it needs to be programmed, either by you or you buy this service from SAP.

I just believe that you will not spend this money for a single material document.

Such retrieval can cause data inconsistencies, which may not occur in every company, but it depends how your number ranges are setup and some other parameters.

An archive is a static unchangable object with read only access. in some reports e.g. in MB51 it is possible to read data from database as well as from archive.

if you retrieve a material document, then this document will exist twice, in the SAP database and in the archive, and hence appear twice in the report and influencing the results

if you retrieve an archive, then you do this usually close to the archive run in case you archived more than wanted, and you do it for the complete archive run, and mark this archive as obsolete. so that it is not included in reports and analysis.

You need to understand that archiving is a process and usually used do get rit of mass data, but not just a transaction which is used to archive a single document which is not wanted or blocks a new idea (e.g. changing a valuation class). Archiving is used to delete data from system and to keep data outside the actual data base for audit purposes. So the rights to run archiving should be very limited. And in a project it has to be defined which data is to be archived in what cycle, so that day by day business is not affected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a customized transaction to handle this type of cases where it creates a material document again and it is fine now after using that

regards

susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, material document should be restorable if the archive data (filesystem, archive system) is still availible there.

Transaction SARA, object MM_MATBEL and then "read" / "management"

Best regards,

Matthias