cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if afaria enrollment server has been installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently trying to install enrollment server for afaria.

The afaria server and afaria admin are installed properly.

How can we check afaria enrollment server?

Regards,

Annuk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If u can test it in LAN environment:

Point your browser of afaria server http://localhost/aips/aipservice.svc/help  If you can see the help page enrollment server works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfic,

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to see the help page.

Does the afaria server has a ui interface? It shows me one server running in the server's list in the admin.

But what would be its url? How can i connect to the server. while installing the Self Service Portal, it asked me for the server url for connecting to the database.

I used http://localhost/Afaria-Dev, but it was not able to connect. But when i used the same url with enrollment server, it got accepted.

Regards,

Annuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used the ip only and it got installed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If i am not mistaken there is no link to enrollment page. But you can check it if u install relay server. No matter relay is in LAN or WANi f u wanna test it only.

Normally Self Service is a wirtual directory ıon IIS and mostly link is like : http://afariaserver/ssp

But for this u need to use reverse proxy and some NAt tricks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfic,

Thanks.

I have installed the self service portal and was able to see the UI.

I downloaded the afaria app from Google Play and activated it. It is asking me for an enrollment code.

How will this app connect to my afaria server installed in my enrollment? When i added an enrollment code in the device, it gave me an error saying "Your enrollment code is incorrect.".

Just confused as to how the device would know which server to connect?

Regards,

Annuk.

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OK.

First, your afaria server google or tinyurl shortlink tpol is working? Check it.

Then create an enrollment code and inspect that it shows correct address.The link must show that relay server address and sublink.you can see it as attachement.

if your relay server is in LAN,  so your smatphone should be in LAn (Wi-fi conenction maybe)

Thenu can test it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfic,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to enroll an android device first. Will check and let you know.

Regards,

Annuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfic,

Thanks.

I am now trying to enroll an android device. For that i set the enrollment code in Configurations section under SERVER.

But when I try to create an Enrollment Policy, I get the following error:

The Enrollment Server is not configured. View the Server Configuration panel to ensure that the server is properly configured.

Where am I going wrong?

Regards,

Annuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik,

If the tinyurl and enrollment server has been setup properly, what should we see if we were to browse to the long url below:

http://1.1.1.1/aips/aipService.svc/GetEnrollmentSeedData?ID={9462f9ab-be40-4135-9011-dad9fcda8f68}&C...

Any idea?

Thanks,

Kok Keong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chan,

What did you do to set up the enrollment server and tiny url. I get the following error when I try to create an enrollment code.

How do we set up the enrollment server.

I was able to see the help page after installation of the enrollment server.

Regards,

Annuk

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Chan,

you cant see anything in browser by using this link. It is long version of enrollment code. If u configure yoru realy server and enrollment server, you can use this code in afaria client to enroll new devices.

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Go to Server/component/enrollment server,

Then fill blanks:

Servername, virtual directories ans relay server farm and relay server address.

Then restart the afaria service.

And create new code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I was thinking that if I were to view the long url in a browser, I thought it might return some xml settings that will be used to populate the settings in Afaria client side like Afaria Server address during the self-enrollment process for Android/iOS.

Just curious, are you currently setting-up Afaria in your LAN environment or through the Amazon EC2 Afaria image?

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I Install Standalone Afaria Server. In LAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfic,

Thanks for your reply.

I created the enrollment code and also configured the relay server using the admin. But when i try to enroll an android device, it gives me "Enrollment Failed" message.

I entered the enrollment code i received after creating an enrollment policy. How does the device connect to my environment.

Regards,

Annuk

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you configure your Relay Server also?

"if you look at Afaria Server Admin UI,On server, at the left side There is "Component" , Under these brach , almost for each component, you have to  use Relay Server.  Enrollment Server as well.

I suggest  you to read Relay Server and creatin RSOE Afaria server