cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Clearing Structural Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have xml files lying under StructuralX folder. To process it manually, I have downloaded that file and trying to import using Import Manager with option  XMLSchema, XML Files.

Schema : ZMDMContractDataTransmission_updated

and xml file :  20130213215725_S_Contract_Data_ProductID511bd53d-d7e5-1280-e100-800082aa281e.xml

Now I am in main screen of MDM Import Manager. There we need to select Source and Destination Table using control field.

In Source I have selected  "MDM Contract Data Transmission and in Destination I have selected "Catalog items".

Latter I clicked on Automap Butting under Map/Field Value Tab.

But when I checked in Import Status opton,, it is shwing  Action Items: Map Fielf)s_.

Can you please guide,the proccess I am using is correct, if yes what needs to be done to resoleve it.

Thansk & refars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

If you are just checking for Structural exception, then you can simply open the required map in the Import Manager after you load your file. This will ensure that all the fields are mapped correctly and you will only have to check for only Value Mappings in Import Status tab.

You can check the map name in Console for the given Port.

But even if you are facing the message in Import Status tab, it must be showing the field names also, which should be mapped. You can simply go to Map Fields tab and map source to destination.

If there is some Compound Field being used in your map(or schema is designed that compound field is required to be created), then such messages generally appear under Import Status tab.

Kindly check this and let me know your further inputs.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for your reply.

I have  selected " MDMContractDataTransmission" in Source Control field and  "Catalog items" in Destination Control field.

Latter I entered in MapFields/Values, there I have clicked on  Automap Button.

But in Source Value and  Destination table no entry found.

I have checked  Import Status, it is showing 28 felds are mapped out of  89.

and Action Item is :  Refresh Record Matching steps.

I  Match Records Table what are the settings are there just attaching  in f ile.

Please suggest what needs to do.

Thanks & regards,

Manglesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

If automap is not mapping all the required fields that you want in the map, then you need to go to each source field and map it to desired destination field manually.

Now under Match Records tab, you need to select some unique field or combination of fields which will be used to import data into destination table.

Then you need to select automatic Import action for No match(this means that record does not exist in table and should be created, if required) and for Exact matches(this means that record is existing in repository and you can choose to update the records).

Then you need to perform record matching step and again check import status.

If any message is being displayed, you need to correct that and check the same. Once it says, Ready to Import, you can import data into MDM.

But as you said that you are trying to check Structural exception file, then i think there must be a map already existing and you can just open the map and check for the inconsistent fields. You can open map using menu option File --> Open, then select map and click OK.

Please check and let me know in case of any doubts.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for your valuable help. As per your suggestion I used existing map.

Now I am getting attached message in Import status and in Map Field/ Values in below screen shot what I need to do.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Manglesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

As suggested by Ali, you can add this value manually using the Add button in the lower half of Value conversion and mapping pane on Map Fields/Values tab.

But before doing this, you can  try to click on Automap button under Value Conversion and Mapping pane. May be this value is not mapped because remote key values are not maintained for this value(although it might be already existing in the table).

Once this is done, you need to check Import Status tab again and do the needful as per next error message and so on.

Once you have done all the value mapping, then again place the Structural Exception file in Ready Folder and check if it gets auto imported this time. Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akush,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done mapping as per error message was getting in  "Import Status" Tab.

At last there was a message for "Ready to Import"  and imported that xml file, but not saved that map.

Can I save the map with new name, if yes then If I want to use same map, then is there need to add that map in MDM Console Port Setting?

Please suggest.

Thanks & regards,

Manglesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly. To re-use this map you must save this map and provide same name under Port.

Whenever there is a need to re-open this map , it will available under remote system that its been assigned to - under Port settings.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

If you have done only value mappings and only settings were changed to existing fields, in the existing map, then use Save Update option.

But if you have mapped new fields as well, then you can use SAVE option.

Then you will not require to add the same map in Port once again as it will be already there.

I hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

Thank you very much for your help and Support.

Regards,

Manglesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

This is because value 758503850 is not existing the Supplier table. To resolve this quickly, Unmap the field and re-map it again, then your value mapping will again be unmapped. Since 758503850 is not existing in the table, you can click on Add button(between source and destination values) under value conversion and mapping option. Later check import status tab and proceed further with import.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir ,

Thanks for your valuable input.

I am able to post that file in Repository.

But for two records  double Contract number is coming.

Please find the attached screen dump.

Could you please guide me, what I need to do to overcome that.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Manglesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manglesh,

I think attached screenshot is taken from Data Manager. I guess "Contract price" field was of type Text  and source file that was imported should have contained both values. Also i see Contract Price value-6000001161 is used my many other records.

Now, to overcome that you can simply delete the additional value from those 2 records. Look into record detail pane of the highlighted record and click on Contract Price field and delete the extended value.

P.S:- If you are unable to make changes, then Data Manager must be under Read mode. Click on lock symbol on toolbar and make changes to these 2 records.

Hope this information helps . Please let us know if any concerns/queries.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

As per my understanding, Contract Price field is a Lookup field and it can also hold multiple values.

Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Now what might have happened is that, for this record, there must be 1 Contract Price value already existing in the table. And when you imported data using source file, then it might have just Appended the new value to the existing value.

Reason:

In import map, for this field Contract Price, you need to do the setting for Multi-value update.

You need to right click on the field and check the "Set Multi-Valued Update", set it to "Replace".

Next time you import the file, it won't append the values, but will just replace the values with the values in the import file.

Please check this and it should solve your issue now.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please guide, I need to make this setting in Import Manager under Map Fields/Value TAB ?

Thanks & regards,

Manglesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

Yes, you need to make this setting under Map Fields/Values tab.

You need to right click on the Contract Price field in Destination fields pane and do the settings as suggested in my earlier post.

Kindly do the needful and it should solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thank you very much for your help and Support.

Regards,

Manglesh