cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Plan Driven for Classic Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

has anyone ever tried to manipulate the Plan Driven Scenario to enable a classic PO from SRM?

Everything works in classic as long as an account assignment is maintained on the R/3 Req. In the moment a Direct Mat Req (blank account assignment + Mat Number) is pushed up to SRM, SRM knows that is supposed to create an extended classic PO and assigns the local Proup to the Req.

I am looking for some insights, how to manipulate the assignment of the local Pgroup as well the pointer / trigger that an extended classic PO is created.

Thanks,

Claudia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is fairly easy to achieve in the Classic Scenario:

When the requisition is inbound write a dummy account assignment and indicator that it is a dummy(CUF field).

When PO creation button is hit strip the above information with the PO creation Badi.

We have had this in production for almost two years.

Deon.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To your earlier query-whether we did it for a parallel scenario - No, we have used both scenarios parallelly (i.e. use standard replication and custom replication).

I guess Doen's suggestion is good for your requirement.

1) Define a dummy Cost center/GL accounts in ERP-FI (if possible). If this is not possible, we have to go with a CUF to indicate dummy accounts indicator in Shopping cart.

2) Use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to update the shopping cart with dummy account assignment data.

3) Use BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW BADI to change the account assignment data while creating PO in R/3 for 'Dummy account' fields.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deon, Ramki,

this is getting very interesting! But I am not yet sure how it works.

When a R/3 REQ is created with a Material the account assignment is usually blank. This triggers the PDP while the REQ is moved to SRM. According to your solution, we should manipulate the SC before it gets created by adding account assignment data there again by setting a dummy value into BBP_ACC_CAT using BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI?

Isn't still the trigger set for PDP, so that for REQ the logical system for PO is SRM? Do I not need to manipulate that element as well?

Assuming the SC gets created with the account information, then a classic PO should be triggered from SRM. With account assignment the PO will be created; this is already working, but I need to get the account assignment blank and the PO created. Is that possible using BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW BADI

Could you give more details - Did I understand you right?

Many thanks,

Claudia

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right, Claudia.

In the PO BADI, you remove the account assignment.

FYI, BAPI_PO_CREATE1 has exits EXIT_SAPL2012_001 & EXIT_SAPL2012_003. These also might be useful.

FYI, this is just an idea. I had not worked on this. Dion seems to have worked on it.

Best regards

Ramki

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no easy solution to get classic PO for direct materials (either in PDP scenario or even from shopping cart).

Last time, when we needed it, we just did not use standard PO replication mechanism. We created our own replication programs and made R/3 PO as lead PO. Status update etc are not going to be easy here. If you are oK with removing the link after sourcing, suggest you to create your own replication program.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

thanks for your feedback! Basically it is possible to get it working - good to know.

I assume you refer to BAPI_PO_CREATE1?

A "Direct Material" is marked and therefore triggered to be ordered in SRM.

Also an entry for the logical system pointing to SRM is done. How can that

be influenced? Did you get it working in parallel to the normal standard processes?

I still want to have POs / REQs created for the other scenarios using the exising

replication mechanism.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Refer to the link for detailed information.</u>

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/75/fba93e08503614e10000000a114084/content.htm</b>

I am not sure, whether this BADI will help in this case.

<u><b>Have you tried this Business ADD-In - BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI.</b></u>

You can use Business Add-In BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI to overwrite settings made in Activate Extended Classic Scenario.

Example

a)

You do not want to use the extended classic scenario for product category A-1002. For this purpose, you set the indicator for this product category to inactive in the BAdI implementation. Even though the extended classic scenario is activated, Enterprise Buyer creates all of the follow-on documents, including the purchase order, for shopping cart items with product category A-1002 in the backend system (classic scenario).

b)

You only want to use the extended classic scenario for manually created purchase orders with the purchasing organization ABC.

Standard settings

The following methods are available in the BAdI.

DETERMINE_EXTPO
DETERMINE_EXTPO_CREATE

Activities

Implement and activate the BAdI if you want to restrict global activation of the extended classic scenario.

You can choose whether the extended classic scenario is to be used or not for the following item data in the shopping cart:
Product type
Product
Product category
For manual purchase orders, you can define whether the extended classic scenario is used for a certain purchasing organization.

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

thanks for the documentation. I am looking for a solution to manipulate the PDS,

the standard is not offering. Our requirement is to use the classic scenario - the

extended and related mechanism to steer are not working in our complex environment.

Any further input on the manipulation and creation of a custom BAPI_PO_CREATE1

in parallel existence to keep the standard replication mechanism is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SAP R/3 system and SRM system are you using ?

All the Documents (PO, PREQs, GR, Invoices, etc) in this case are created in R/3 back-end system only in your scenario. Is that right ?

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

does anybody have experiance with manipulating BAPI_PO_CREATE1?

A "Direct Material" is marked within SRM and therefore triggered to be ordered in SRM.

Also an entry for the logical system pointing to SRM is done. How can that be influenced?

Did someone got this working in parallel to the normal standard processes to create

"usual" REQs/POs? I still want to have POs / REQs created for the other scenarios

using the exising replication mechanism; just get it enhanced with a classic PO

creation for a Direct Material coming from R/3 as well SRM.

Any further details / hints are highly appreciated!

Looking for some more insights.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have done this several times in number of SRM Implmentations.

We have used both the BAPI_PO_CREATE / BAPI_PO_CREATE1 BAPIs, as per various requirements.

But not tried parallel execution yet.

Please send all your details with detailed business requirements to my email id.

atul.kant@gmail.com

I will try to help you out.

Regards

- Atul