Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Divider

natalia_goyenechea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I´m trying to create an Extension Field that will be use as introductory information to an RFX Tab. It should look like "pre text", not as a proper field.

Can you tell me what Type to use?

Also, can you tell me how to create a Divider?

Thsi information is not available int he system help.

Thanks

Natalia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Picu,

For creating custom dividers you can create an extension field as data type Text and use the below code  to populate the field:-

txt = "<font size=\"4\" face=\"calibri\" color=\"0000FF\"><MARQUEE WIDTH=100% BEHAVIOR=ALTERNATE ><b>User Actions</b></MARQUEE></font>";

bgText=doc.getExtensionField("Text_Test").get();

bgText.setText(txt);

I hope this will help you to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

natalia_goyenechea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur, many thanks for your reply, But i can´t populate the field as you suggested. once i select Text as Data type, the "Default value" is not editable any more..

What do you mean exactly with "Populate the field" where do i need to enter that code?

this is what i see int he extension field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Picu,

You need to populate this field using the code on create of your document mentioned in my previous post.

You can change the font and style depending on your requirement.Don't forget to position your divider on the right place using the page customization.

Please revert for further help!

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

natalia_goyenechea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Sorry, but i still don´t get the exact meaning of what you are describing. Can you add more detail?

What do you mean exactly with "Populate the field" where do i need to enter that code?

when creating a Document.. ? Users create documents.

I need to create the right UI , with the right fields, for them to populate those fields.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

natalia.goyenechea@sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to write a script (go to script definition in setup) and populate the filed with the help of code.

@ankur : do we need to write a script only on create or we need to write it on load as well?

0 Kudos

Creation of new divider is currently not supported. The suggested approach above may or may not work, but it is not something I would recommend doing as there could be potential undesired side effects especially when several of these fields are created in the system. Big text field consumes a lot of db column space when compared to other extension types and certain db’s have a max limit on this. If you hit this limit you will no longer be able to create ANY other extension fields on that object.

A workaround may be to create a String field (not a big text field) extension and populate it with underscores or something. This will look weird on the UI so I would do this only as a last resort.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram