cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore the single/multiple error record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i working on file to proxy scenario, where in i have the requirement of checking the mandatory fields in the file and then process the file, so here my question is for example i have 10 records in the file and in one of the records the mandatory field data is missing but other records have the proper data,so here is it possible to process the other 9 records  and ignore the 1 record with error.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

First of all, if you define occurrence 1-1 in Message Type of the Source Structure / XSD has 1-1 occurrence but you are not performing any XML Validation by Adapter Engine / Integration Engine, it will not fail. The whole message will be available in Message Mapping and you can easily check whether the Field occurred in the Source message, pass all the 9 records, don't populate the Record at Target Structure which does not have mandatory field at Source Structure.

If you are performing XML Validation, then the whole message will fail. In that case you don't have any other option but send each Record as a separate message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nebendu,

Thanks for the input, here as you say send the each record as a separate message, so what exactly do you mean here, you want me to develop a 1-N mapping or else you have any other suggestion, if possible can you please explain the process steps.

Thanks,

Pooja

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

First of all please confirm whether you have XML Validation or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

No, in this solution, i am not performing any XML validation. I am maintain the Source structure as 1-1 .

Thanks,

Pooja

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Then you don't need to worry about whether any mandatory field is populated at Source side or not.

Just check the mandatory Source Field with <exist> standard function and use <createIf> to populate the Target node / field.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Please find the below blog for more information about exists and createIf functions.

http://scn.sap.com/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-part-ii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Thanks for the link, i tired to keep the  source XSD 1..1 and then used the graphical functions to check on validation for mandatory fields, i see that even the records with empty fields is successfully processed.

Graphical Mapping

Source --->exists(Function)---->createIf(Function)----->target

Thanks,

Pooja

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

The above logic will work for Target Nodes, not for Target fields. try with:

Source Field / Source Node --> exists  --> createIf --> Target Node

Source Field ---> Target Field (1-1 mapping, you can have any other logic if you want to transform data)

Also check Source Field is coming with blank value or not.