cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap is not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i start SAP System Management consol it is running only msg_server.exe and disp+work.exe says stopped so kindly tell what would be the solution for this prob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

Kindly tell me are you using Oracle as a database. If so check the tablespace using Oracle Enterprise Manager Console.

Connect as sysdba user and therafter expand database link on the left frame. Thereafter expand storage and then finally select Tablespaces and see if any of the tablespace is more than 99% filled. If so you have to create another datafile in that tablespace.

Let me know if it works.

Cheers...

Abhishek Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please explain did you upgrade kernel patch? is this suddenly stopped working or did you changed any parameter. please copy and paste logs from /usr/sap/<SID>/work/dev_w, dev_disp, stdr

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sunil.

it was workin fine day before yesterday and suddenly it stop working i m not a basis person so if u could help to relove the issue that would be gr8

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please provide us log files from /usr/sap/BS1/DVEBMGS00/work

dev_w0

dev_disp

stdr*

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

kindly send me your email so i can send u all the log files

Former Member
0 Kudos

sbujade@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are using oracle as DB. there is a problem with oracle if you see log files of DEV_W0 you will get message as 1033. please check whether your oracle database is up or not also check listener. If oracle and listener is down then start it and then try to start SAP.

then try to connect from os prompt : r3trans -d

it should return with RC=0

if still problem the please send latest log files.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using windows server 2003 then please activate the 3GB boot option in boot.ini file.

This will certaily help you.

procedure-;>

Got to control panel--> system

Click on advance tab and then click setting under "startup and recovery"

Click Edit under default operating system

change the boot program (add /3GB) as below

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /3GB/noexecute=optout /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\SYSROOT="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /3GB/noexecute=optout /fastdetect

Then restart your server machine.

Regards,

Ritvij Shah