Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One DI API installation failed:

Former Member
0 Kudos

SBO Version: 8.82 PL04

Forum,

I have an issue installing 8.82 PL04 Full installer onto a client which is a Windows 7 x64Bit workstation.

To the best of my knowledge a previous installation attempt was made without success. However we have performed a removal of SAP from within the 'Add/Remove Programs' screen. We have removed the 'SAP' folder within C:\Program Files\ - we have cleared out the %temp% directory and ensure we attempt the installation as the domain administrator.

I have found a similar thread on the forum which suggested the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ and itu2019s voila!

I have tried the above also, to no avail. I am unable to use a windows uninstaller utility as there are no SAP entries within the add/remove programs screen. A small part of me thinks that perhaps there are still some registry entries but I don't know which one's and where to look. I have had a general look under the 'SOFTWARE' section of regedit and cannot find anything referencing SAP Business One.

Any help or assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's a game that I dislike, but have too often to do it...

You'll have to uninstall everything that can be uninstalled from the configuration pannel, then clean manually the registry from all that contains any reference to Business One.

Then reboot, then try a clean install.

Regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies guys. Most helpful. I will give these a try and update this thread with the outcome.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

We experienced the same issue as Sarah. Unfortunately, we did not find a solution here.

Here is how we could achieve a successful installation, maybe it can be helpful for colleagues who will also face this error in future.

First, temporarily turn off your anti-virus software including your firewall.

Then, install the DI API separately: Uncheck "SAP Business One Client" and check "DI API".

If the DI API installation has been successful, install the client.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah Jackson,

Try with fresh installation.

Note: Sometimes DI API will not install automatically. So try with manual installation of DI API from the DI API folder.