Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Sizing

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have one basic question related to SAP HANA Sizing.

As per Sizing Guide, we need to consider "Data in Before and after-image versions" in sizing. My question is : What is the meaning of Data In Before And After Image versions ?

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are refering to migrating your BW instance from other DB (such as Oracle / DB2)  to HANA DB, it means the size of the instance before migration to HANA DB in Terabytes and the data after migration to HANA DB based on the compression ratio of HANA DB.

Hope this helps.

Rama

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not referring to BW migration. In general, SAP suggest to count before image and after image in sizing. I did not understand what is before image and after image.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Can you please provide the reference (link / document name) to the guide where you found that information.

In my opinion, this could also be related to the Delta merge process, where the before image of the main memory is copied to the second version as shown in the image below.

As per the Delta merge document, the memory requirement for the Delta Merge operation is almost double.

As I mentioned, the reference to your comment will help understand your requirement better.

Regards,

Ravi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please find screenshot from HA200 guide for HANA which states below points for sizing.

Thanks

Sunny