Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiSource Universe

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can some one provide me a step by step on ODBC creation  for Sybase IQ, Business Objects 4.0, Linux. I created a multi-source universe and when I try to expand the tables it throws me the error.

Error:

[Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'ID002_1'] The database has reported an Exception: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Connection error: Insufficient system resources - failed to allocate a SYSV semaphore (SQLState: 08001, Vendor code: -832)

For SYSV semaphore,

We have increased the limits for semaphores on this server, the DBA’s bounced the instanceon the server for these changes to take affect. But there is no luck.

Before it use to work successfully but not sure what changes are made on the server side, To narrow down the issue, Please let me know what options do I need to explore.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13846222#13846222

the url is for JDBC, Please let me know for ODBC and other steps to follow.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the previous post referred to setting up 64 bit ODBC DSNs on the BIPlatform, and also unpacking middleware .jar files used by the data federator for MSU.

You are already further past the previous post, because you are able to use the connections in a multisource workflow and are trying to browse for tables.

You should use the DFAT (df admin tool) to investigate, but it does seem like a DBA issue. See Note 'how to troubleshoot multisource universes'

regards,

H

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.,

Can you explain me what the .jar files I need to move and to which folder ???

Linux is the Sever.

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can some one provide me the information on Linux server.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it's described in the BI4.x Data Access Guide , see help.sap.com

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't see steps for Linux and even for Sybase IQ

Can some provide me the solution ??

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's there for windows in the data access guide: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4sp5_data_acs_en.pdf

• 5.3.3 To create a JDBC connection with Extensions
  • 5.3.4 JAR file location reference

Basically, for the single source, on windows you had to create a folder manually like 'oracle' or 'jdbc' or 'sqlsrv' and put the jars in that folder. for example:

• C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\drivers\sybase

For the Multi source universe, the jars had to be put in this folder:

• C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\drivers\datafederator

Regards,
H

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I repeat the same question again to get a clear understanding

What are the .jar file and where should I copy them in order to paste ??

More over mine is ODBC  not JDBC and Is it the same for ODBC too??

I feel the path for linux is littel different please clear me that too.

Thanks again

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

sorry, i was only trying to help you.. . in which case stop asking about jar.. 

1. i refer back to the response  Feb 13, 2013 5:22 PM  ---->  You are already further than the previous post http://scn.sap.com/message/13846222#13846222, because you are able to use the ODBC connections in a multisource workflow, and are trying to browse for tables.

2. You should use the DFAT (df admin tool) to investigate, but it does seem like a DBA issue. See Note 'how to troubleshoot multisource universes' ...

Here is the link : http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1561226   .. you'll probably need to contact Support with DFAT, APS(DF), and IDT traces.

3. Also, you never said, does this work OK in a single-source relational foundation?

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for more information, Sorry I mixing more information.

1) I cannot browse the tables in the multi-source universe but the ODBC connection says success.

2) In DFAT tool I see the same error :

Error 1:

Cannot ping the connector 'TN002_1'. (DFA 60005) [Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'TN002_1'] The database has reported an Exception: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Connection error: Insufficient system resources - failed to allocate a SYSV semaphore (SQLState: 08001, Vendor code: -832)

Error 2:

Problem getting metadata for catalogs. (DFA 30001) [Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'TN002_1']

3) Yes it works with Single Source relational foundation ??

Sorry again, Any other inputs please??

I need a small advise, I see catalogs in DFAT. Is the catalogs created on the server side ?? Because my ODBC and connection name are same and it TN00 but in the catalogs it says TN002_1

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to administer the ODBC in 32-bit DSN for the Client Tools , and 64-bit DSN on the server for BIPlatform processes . 

The connection name has to be the same throughout, to be interoperable between the tools. On a Windows 64-bit O/S it goes like this:

- To create 32 bit ODBC data sources, use the ODBCAD32.exe in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe 
- To create 64 bit ODBC data sources, use the ODBCAD32.exe in C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe

For Sybase on Linux, i can't comment much.. That's why maybe using Jars is preferable (simpler).

I'd recommend you contact Support.

Regards,
H

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot again.

One last thing to clarify.

I see catalogs in DFAT in Query Panel. Is the catalogs created on the server side ?? Because my ODBC  I am using local machine is TN00 and when I see in the catalogs it says TN002_1

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Catalogs  can mean different things with different vendors 

but  - Yes,  a multi-source design workflow in the IDT client,  is using BIP Server processes - like a 3-tier mode (namely the Data Federation service, which is a type of Adaptive Processing Server)

So the important DSN here are on the 64 bit server, 64 ODBC administration.

I don't know if you have split-out APS and sized your DF APS ?

Regards,

H

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is the solution for because I don't understand.

Here is my final question to clarify.

Thanks a lot again.

One last thing to clarify.

I see catalogs in DFAT in Query Panel. Is the catalogs created on the server side ?? Because my ODBC  I am using local machine is TN00 and when I see in the catalogs it saysTN002_1