cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI alerts are going to Alert Inbox but not to my email address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PI gurus

I just finished Alert configuration and everything went fine (ALRTCATDEF, SCOT etc.,). After finishing, I checked the program 'RSALERTTEST' and it sent test alert to my 'Alert Inbox'. However, I didn't recieve the same test alert at my email addresss.

I did some search on SDN and made sure that I have entered my email address in RSALERTEST by entering my email address in the middle panel where it says 'External recipients'. Still I didn't get the email, but could see it in the Alert Inbox.

Also, where can I add the external email address in "ALRTCATDEF", since I didn't see any option for external emails there.

As per another suggestion on SDN, I also checked SU01 and my email address has been entered in my profile.

Any comments or feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

In 'ALRTCATDEF', you can maintain only User's within Fixed Recipients / Group. Now in SU01, the email address needs to be configured for the user. Check 'SICF' and ensure that sxms_alertrules and alertinbox services are active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nabendu

I checked SICF and both services are active. Also, my email address has been added in SU01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramprasad,

If you are able to see message in your alert inbox . Then it looks like that your configuration is perfect .

Then only trace tool is SOST , Check the status of messages on SOST .

And if BASIS team has provided the SCOT authorization that means generally you should also get authorization for SOST also . check with them .

thanks and regards,

Anup Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anup,

I am working with Basis since I got the following error which I think only they can fix it. I think the info I have in my SCOT is not correct

Status for Recipient <My Email Address>

Message cannot be transfered to node SMTP due to connection error (final)

I will keep you guys posted

THanks again for all the feedbacks. I appreciate it a lot.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramprasad,

If you got any help full/correct  answer then don't forget to reward the points .

thanks and regards,

Anup Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you got access to SCOT then go there and check the node SMTP and check the server has been configured there appropriately and ensure hte node in use check box has been enabled...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone

Basis looked at the issue and the IP addresss used in SCOT was not right. Once that was fixed, everything is working as expected

Thanks a lot for all the help.
Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in SOST will provide info on routing the same...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

I tried SOST and looks like I don't have authorization and so will talk to BASIS.