cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIC XI Adapter call failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While trying to send the message from Regional PI to one of Global PI box, I am getting the below error in Receiver communication channel (using Seeburger AS2 adapter, the target file will be in EDI format):

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: BICMODULE:Temporary error: BIC XI Adapter call failed. Reason: 2 errors occured. First error: FieldData testValueTooLong(): destination offset 221: The value assigned to the Field 3036 (value UL-DE PRODUKTIONS GMBH & CO OHG WERK PRATAU, path UNB.UNH.SG25.CNI.SG43.NAD:C080.3036) is too large - truncated. DESCRIPTION: FieldData Warning: The value assigned to the Field 3036 is too large! It was automatically decreased. Last error: FieldData testValueTooLong(): destination offset 309: The value assigned to the Field 3036 (value UBF-PL- DSO SU KATOWICE UNILEVER DSO/SAV SU KATOWICE, path UNB.UNH.SG25.CNI.SG43[2].NAD:C080.3036) is too large - truncated. DESCRIPTION: FieldData Warning: The value assigned to the Field 3036 is too large! It was automatically decreased.

Can anyone suggest what change needs to be done (Change in Bic Mapping)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor

Hi Ankit,

The Error message is clearly indicating that 'Field 3036' has longer length than what BIC mapping is expecting. You can handle this in your Message Mapping. I can see "setSourceTrim" and "setDestinationTrim" BIC methods are mentioned in the below issue, but not sure whether it will help or not.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/777595

S0003485845
Contributor

Hello,

I agree with Nabendu Sen, that this could be handled inside the MessageMapping. I would recommend not to change anything on the BIC side since the BIC makes sure that the created EDIFACT-FIles are following the EDIFACT-Syntax.

(and it is always better, if an error occurs on your side than sending out a wrong file and produce an error on your partner side).

Regarding the "trim", I would also not recommend this since you never know if the information that is trimmed would be important to the partner.

So from my side, the best option would be, to take a look at the sopurce file and the value of the field

(e.g. UL-DE PRODUKTIONS GMBH & CO OHG WERK PRATAU)

and make the adjustments of the text in the backend. Afterwards the file can be sent out again from the backend.and will convert just fine. Doing it like this, you are sure, that the text which is transmitted really makes sense (which might not always be the case when the system automatically trims values)

Kind Regards

Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have handled the length of the field in mapping itself by writing a UDF. So, no change in BIC mapping is required.

Thanks for your inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

If possible take your payload and test directly in Seeburger BIS tool...

you can get more info about the error....

HTH

Rajesh