Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM Message Manager with Navigation Link

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Web Dynpro experts,

I'm using the FPM message manager in my FPM application and would like to solve the following requirement:

The Message Manager contains messages of different views (e. g. tabstrips). A click on a message navigates to the corresponding view and highlights the corresponding field.

Is that possible? If that's not possible with standard tools, can the message manager be replaced with an own implementation?

Thanks,

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe it will work when you update the IO_ELEMENT with one of the elements on the view. That element will be highlighted when you double-click a message. You might also need to pass the IO_CONTROLLER parameter.

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I did some more research and can now specify my problem: In non-FPM-applications it's possible to implement own logic for the message navigation. This can be done by inserting the message area in the view designer and entering an action for the onNavigate event.

All REPORT_* methods of the Message Manager have a parameter ENABLE_MESSAGE_NAVIGATION. If this is set to ABAP_TRUE, the message is a link and a click on the message fires the onNavigation event. The action handler is called and my logic for the navigation is executed.

But in FPM applications this approach does not work. If I include the message area in my views, I have two (the one of the FPM and the one in my view). Can I somehow register on the onNavigate event of the message manager without putting the message area on my view?