Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle capacity constraint in VSR Optimization

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

My query is related to the VSR optimizer considering capacity constraints.

I have a single vehicle resource with capacity defined in terms of dimensions(MASS, UoM = KG) = 1000 KG.

No capacity variant is maintained. (As per the SAP documentation, in case, multi-shift operations are not relevant for the resource, standard available capacity should be sufficient for planning)

In the optimizer planning profile settings, the resource is selected in capacity selection settings.

In optimizer settings >rough planning and capacity constraints, following are the settings:

• Rough Planning - Do not use rough planning
  • Consider capacities during optimization - Yes

The sum of all Freight units(To be planned) created from a single forwarding order is 2300 KG.

When the optimizer is run, it still creates a single freight order proposal which are over-loaded by 230%

When I accept and save results, I get the error that there is capacity overload on the resource and the freight order gets blocked for execution. (This is due to the setting in planning profilel - check - VSR Check, Take capacities into account - Error)

In the optimizer explanation tool, under Input > Resources > Vehicle capacity > I can see the dimension and capacity that I maintained for the vehicle resource.

I have tried the above with multi-resource as well. The optimizer continues to consolidate FUs into overloaded FOs.

I have read on SCN about to check/do the following:

1. Define your vehicle resource as finite scheduling (Check box available in General data-Planning parameters)

My observations: In TM9.0, I do not see this checkbox

2. Create capacity variant

My assumption is that this should not be required based on reasons provided above.

Is there any setting missing to get capacity constraint VSR optimization results?

Thanks in advance,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

Did you find the solution for this? I am running into exactly the same problem.

Thanks in advance, Tom

thomas_engelmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Please have an addtional look into the optimizer explanation tool.

First check if the freight units have the correct request in the different dimensions.

One issue could be, that the Freight order is not planned or changed at all by the optimizer. Please have a look into the explanation tool, if you see the freight order with the overload in the results, or if it is only in the input section, perhaps flagged as context. In this case you have to check you planning horizon and the demand selection.

If non of these is the reason you will need to send a ticket to the support.

Regards,

Thomas

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I figured out the solution.

http://lnkd.in/z5A6_a

Thanks,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

NiteshSaluja1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jose_Alain
Explorer
0 Kudos
former_member860610
Discoverer
0 Kudos

What's the solution....the link above is not opening. Facing same issues in multiple projects.. need urgent help on this.

Thank

Ganesh