cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Catalog- Request a new MDM Catalog Entry be created that will allow a separate Category Hierarchy to be Defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Expert,

I have a below requirement in MDM .

Request a new MDM Catalog Entry be created that will allow a separate MDM Category Hierarchy to be defined. We need this separate Hierarchy to begin building a UNSPSC structure that is different from what we have today. This needs to be separate as to not disrupt the current Hierarchy.

Request this first be defined in the PRE (Pre-Production) environment.

Could you please suggest what I need to do to perform this activity. If  you have any document please share.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

MBP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

I think you can simply create new Hierarchy table in MDM repository and save new structure as per your requirements.

If you want to use this in existing fields of repository tables, then correspondingly change the settings in MDM Console for required fields.

If you want to use this hierarchy for some new field, then create field in Console and then choose new hierarchy table as lookup table and use as desired.

Please let me know for more details.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for your reply.

Before creating the Heirachy Table, shall we need to unload  the Repository. Because when I am trying to create it using 'Table' in Menu. Both Add  and Delete options are disabled.

Kindly suggest. If you could have any document, can you please share it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Manglesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

Yes, you would need to unload the repository.

It is mandatory to unload repository before you can do any data model changes.

Otherwise, all the Add/Delete/Edit options will be disabled as you have already seen.

Kindly unload repository and do the desired changes. This should solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manglesh,

Please refer below link on how to import hierarchy data.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ee0c9e-29a8-2910-8d93-ad34ec8af...

Please let us know if you are looking for any other assistance/documents tat might help you.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

Thanks for providing the link. I have gone through this link. Could you please suggest all those creation of hierachy and category need to be maintained in Import Manager instead of MDM Console. I am not having clear idea about that.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Manglesh