cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from BO 3.1 to BO 4.0 Webi Report Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi created loads of Webi reports on BO 3.1 and have now upgraded to BO 4.0.  I am having a problem where if I copy the report over to the server and try and open it using the webi rich client I get the message 'you cannot open this file with you current connection?'. The connections are called the same so I can't see why this would not just open the file. Is there something which I need to do to the report in 3.1 in order for it to work in 4.0?  We have the latest patches on?  I also have an issue with a BO 4.0 webi report which was created in 4.0 then I patched the system and I get the same error?  Any advice would be welcome. Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Alan,

Like you, we just recently migrated from XI3.1 to 4.0.  Turns out that even though most likely your documents have the setting "enabled" to remove security, but the problem is, its "enabled" on the old cluster that you moved from.  The person who created the webi-client document will need to go in and save the document on this new cluster.  Once that happens, you'll then be able to access that document.