cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

container streching attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can some body explain container stretching attribute in FPM configuration.

If you have any document or link , could you please forward it.

Thanking you,

Regards,

satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

normally UIBBs need a certain amount of space. If a form consists of 3 fields with labels all placed below each other this form UIBB needs exactly the space which these 3 fields need. So these UIBBs are pushing, and it's easy for the browser to render thenm.

But there are other UIBBs, which might contain ACF-controls (like Adobe Interactive Forms, Office Controls, etc...) which doesn't push. You can give them a fixed height in pixels. But this is sometimes a bit ugly. If your screen resolution is higher then the needed height you have useless empty space in the bottom,  if your screen resolution is too low, you get scrollbars. What you often want is that this non-pushing UIBB takes all available space and if you resize your browser window it resizes as well.

This can be achieved by setting it's height and width to 100%. If you do this your non-pushing UI element will dissapear. The reason is that the surrounding container will get as much space as it needs. As there is no pushing content inside it will  get 0 pixels. And then it doesn't help that the UI element inside uses the whole available space inside the container.

Now by setting the Stretching Attribute to  "UIBB Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched" FPM will render all containers from the root container down to the container embedding the UIBB in a way that they use all available space, which is for the root container the whole browser window.

As a result the non-pushing UIBB will use up all space which is left by the pushing UIBBs and it will resize so that always the browser window is completely filled.

But you should set this flag only for such UIBBs where there is non-pushing content. If you use it for other UIBBs as well it might result in empty space between the UIBBs.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Guenter,

Thank you.

It really helped to work towards solution. Just short question , how would I identify which is pushing UIBB and which is non pushing UIBB ?

I have a tree as one of the UIBB. will it be non pushing  ?

Thanking you,

Regards,

satya

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

the best way to proceed is to assume the UIBB is pushing and to use the setting "UIBB Does Not Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched". If you run your application you will see quite easily if the UIBB (or parts of it) has a problem with this setting. It won't be displayed (it will but with height 0px).

The FPM Tree GUIBB is normally pushing, only when rendered with hieght mode "Fit to height of surrounding container" you might get into trouble without "UIBB Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched".

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Guenter ,

We do not have FPM tree GUIBB. We have webdynpro tree UI element and this webdynpro component is used along with window in which tree element is present.

As you said , This UI able to push horizontally , but unable to push downwards.

I have activated "UIBB Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched" , then I am getting spaces as you said in your first reply.

If I de activate it then spaces are missing and then horizontal space I am getting problem.

Could you please help me here.

Thanking you,

Regards,

satya

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

The answer depends on what you want to achieve.

If you want to make the tree use all available empty space you have to activate "UIBB Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched" and then make sure that inside your freestyle UIBB all

containers directly or indirectly embedding the tree have height 100% and stretched_vertically set to X. And your tree as well has to be set to 100% height.

If you want to give your tree a fixed height then do it (e.g. set it's height to 400px) and set the stretching flag to "UIBB Does Not Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched".

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Guenter ,

Thank you .

We have 2 UIBBs on our screen.

First one is with tree UIBB and second one  tabbed UIBB. For first one we did not maintain container streching.

For tabbed UIBB , we maintained container streching setting.

Our application activates or deactivates these two UIBBs depending upon user action.

When 1st one is de activated , tabbed one is streching to fit to web browser.

When 2nd is deactivated , table is moved to corner and it leaves most of the space in the screen.

Now if I activate , stretch container option for 1st one.

We are getting problem when both UIBBs supposed to be display and also 2nd alone has to be displayed.

I tried to change this setting dynamically in the Process event method , it is not getting changed.

Thanking you,

Regards,

satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Container Streching : Container streching provide the facility to strech the UIBB with in the page containter.

if you select option "UIBB Does Not Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched" from drop down then form uibb element will be shown in the form continer itself.

if you select option "UIBB Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched" from drop down then form uibb element will not be shown in the form continer itself. It will take page container also to dispay the form element . It meant that your form uibb or list uibb will cover your whole page, if no other uibb has taken in your section of the OVP page.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta