Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select name prefix in NWDS

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am struggling to get our defined name prefixes selectable in NWDS for new DC creation in our development track on NetWeaver 7.3.

For unknown reasons, the name prefix dropdown is disabled, and the vendor dropdown (although enabled and initially showing the correct company name) lists only "demo.sap.com":

There are numerous topics regarding this issue, and I'm pretty sure I have checked them all:

• Defined name prefixes are valid and status "used everywhere"
  • SLD is defined as name server
  • Track has been updated ("Update CMS" button)
  • Development configuration refreshed / re-imported
  • NWDS user has the proper roles (even tried with NWDI_CMSADM user)

In particular I find the "demo.sap.com" vendor suspicious, since I would think it is only available in the LocalDevelopment configuration and not in my track; I would rather expect a dropdown listing "mycompany.com" and "sap.com"

However, I don't see any authorization issues in the log, and NWDS is connecting to the correct SLD, DTR, CMS and CBS, so I'm pretty much dead in the water now...

Any help or hints would be highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Robin van het Hof

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your swift reply. I have read that blog and checked against my configuration, but it all seems correct...

I have even tried to change the namespacehandle from "//any/any" to "//objectservername/sld/active" but that didn't work either

The one thing that still bugs me is the "demo.sap.com" in the Vendor dropdown, instead of "sap.com". I'm starting to think it's more of an NWDS IDE issue than an SLD / NWDI issue.....

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

perhaps we can make a meeting about this.

drop me a mail please to ervin.szolke@sap.com

I won't be really available today, but perhaps tomorrow (or after 17:00 CET).

We can discuss it via mail.

Cheers,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Robin,

we just discussed that the issue is suddenly resolved. I am glad to hear it.

Apparently it was this time my magic, I only had to answer this thread and the problem has disappeared 😉

What I can imagine as a possible reason is that often wrong namespace prefixing is confusing things and then none of the vendors and prefixis are showing up.

The note in the blog (#710315  New prefix namespace for SAP NetWeaver) was reworked multiple times and perhaps you had some invalid prefix in SLD namereservation settings.

An other often occuring case (I am sure it was not your case) I observed at customers is that they set up everything well, but then when testing it they forget to log on to NWDI from NWDS and then of course no vendor and prefixing is possible. But this was typical rather for 700 releases.

Anyway at this point it is hard to tell since the problem is not reproducible, still if you got any further issue with it, let me know so we can have a look.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

As discussed, the issue was vanished, after I created a new NWDI track, using the same SC as the original track.

After importing this new track into NWDS, I was able to select the vendor and name prefixes for this new track. But to my surprise, I was now also able to select the vendor and prefixes for the original track!

I haven't added, removed or modified any of the existing prefixes -- I did change one of the prefixes' NamePrefixHandle values from "//any/any" to "//<hostname/sld/active" but that didn't make any difference.

Not being logged in to NWDI from MWDS isn't an issue on 7.3 indeed 😉

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Robin van het Hof wrote:

As discussed, the issue was vanished, after I created a new NWDI track, using the same SC as the original track.

Did you happen to create a new workspace?

I was about to create a new NW 7.31 DC when I noticed that the name prefix I wanted was not available in the “Name” drop down. I added the entry in the SLD, restarted NWDS 7.31 and it still was not available. I also tried “Update CMS” and updating the development configuration in NWDS 7.31 which did not make a difference.

I then started up NWDS 7.0 to see if I could see the name prefix, which I could. I then created a new workspace with NWDS 7.31 and the new name prefix was available. Looks like NWDS 7.3 caches these entries.