cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I determine which SP Stack a system is on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm new to all this)

I am reading Note 1600482 and it says that for an ECC 6.0 system, the required Support Package Stack is SP21 . Looking at the system status, I can see Highest Support Package for various software components, for example SAP_BASIS 700 0023 . Does that mean that the system is already at Stack level 23? I have not been able to find information on what Support Packages are included in a particular Stack.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

steven_foo
Participant
0 Kudos

I found the easier way is to use Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer.

You will notice at the System tab, you can see Initial and Target Constellation information displayed.

For my case, my current SPS was 15 and the target I go to is SPS 22.

See image below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. The system in question says

SAP_APPL 600 0019

so I guess that means ECC 6 with no enhancement packs. If so so, the note suggests that it needs to be at Stack SP21, but I don;t know what is in Stack 21.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you operate in the US?  If not, then you don't need the patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The customer has U.S users and I believe the licencing is done by the U.S.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

the note suggests that it needs to be at Stack SP21, but I don;t know what is in Stack 21

Information from the note:

Application of the related SAP Notes 1599403, 1600091, 1601052, 1601120 1643194, 1645515, 1645516 is required, either manually or via installation of the relevant Support Packages.

Please see the attachment of this note to determine which notes are relevant for your product versions.

Check the attachment in the SAP Note 1600482 - Hierarchical access functionality

ECC 6.0 - 1599403, 1601052, 1600091

These notes are required for the system you have.

The changes contained in these Notes are included in the Support Packages for affected products as listed below:

Product Version           Required Support Package Stack

ECC 6.0                            SP21

The customer has U.S users and I believe the licencing is done by the U.S.

Information from the note.

IMPORTANT: This and the related SAP Notes implement a change to the functionality of the hierarchical access feature for use in pricing and pricing-related functionality.  Because of a court order in a patent  litigation involving SAP, application of these changes is mandatory for  all U.S. customers, all customers with U.S. installations, and all  customers with U.S. users. These changes are already included in  Business Suite 2011 (including ECC 6.0 EHP6 and CRM 7.00 EHP2) and in SP26 of the SAP AP 7.00 software component.

But if you need more clarifications regarding this then do this:

If you have any questions regarding this Note, you can contact us by creating a support ticket under the XX-PROJ-IMS-HA component identified above.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so it doesn't seem to be possible to determine which SP Stack level a system is at?

In that case, how do I determine whether individual Notes have been applied?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer my own question, I see that the Support Package is in the Note documentation. It looks like SAP_APPL SP21 roughly corresponds with Stack level 21, from that, as somebody said upthread.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

OK, so it doesn't seem to be possible to determine which SP Stack level a system is at?

Read my first reply.

In that case, how do I determine whether individual Notes have been applied?

Tx SNOTE

Lastly, if you open the notes which I have mentioned in the previous reply you can see the section "Correction delivered in Support Package"

For your system it is SAP_APPL 600 SAPKH60021.

To find out what level you have check my first reply.

Additionally you can also see it from System - Status - Component Information (In the System Data section)

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I can't see in that first reply how to determine what Stack the system is on. I know how to determine which Support Packages are installed. As I understand it, Stack levels include many Support Package levels which do not necessarily correspond in version number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul

quoting the first reply:

"particular product is determined by its application patch. E.g. In case of ECC system, SAP_APPL or EA-APPL patch level will be stack level for your ECC system."

Look for with SAP_APPL or EA-APPL in system > status.  That will show you the support package level for ECC.

regards,

Graham

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good Day

From the SAP Note

Note 1600482 - Hierarchical access functionality

Product Version           Required Support Package Stack

ECC 6.0                            SP21

ECC 6.0 EHP2                        SP11

ECC 6.0 EHP3                        SP10

ECC 6.0 EHP4                        SP11

ECC 6.0 EHP5                        SP08

If you see the note it clearly states the EHP level for ECC systems.

If the ECC system is on EHP5 then the required SP level is SP08

So, first you need to identify what EHP the system is on.

Call Tx SPAM - Package level

Check the Software Componenet Release and SP level for SAP_APPL and EA_APPL

If the SAP_APPL and EA_APPL are on 605 then you have an ECC 6.0 EHP5 system.

If the SAP_APPL and EA_APPL are on 600 then there is no EHP.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Sadly, it's not as simple as that!  With that note, it's referring to the version, enhancement pack version, and support pack version.  So, for my ECC system, I see the following for SAP_APPL:

SAP_APPL 605 0008 SAPKH60508 Logistics and Accounting

This means I am on ECC 6 EHP 6 (that's the 605 bit) and Support Pack Level 8.

You will need to check which version and EHP you are on to determine whether the patch is in your system.

Regards,

Graham

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Graham,

Just to correct you, If SAP_APPL is 605 then System will be on EHP5 not on EHP6.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

typo - good spot!

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Stack level of a particular product is determined by its application patch. E.g. In case of ECC system, SAP_APPL or EA-APPL patch level will be stack level for your ECC system.

Thanks

Sunny