cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying support pack for ST 400,15 for SOLMAN4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPGurus,

I am tryiing to apply support pack for component ST 400 SP23. I have uploaded the PAT files successfully in the SOLMAN system using SPAM, but while trying to define queue when I click on DISPLAY/DEFINE queue and select the ST software component it throws me the error

No valid queue for ST rel. 400

Following is the software component for the SOLMAN 4.0 system

Component version SAP Solution Manager 4.0

SAP_BASIS 700 0014

SAP_ABA 700 0014

PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 0014

ST-PI 2005_1_700 0006

SAP_BW 700 0016

SAP_AP 700 0011

BBPCRM 500 0011

CPRXRPM 400 0011

BI_CONT 703 0008

ST 400 0015

ST-A/PI 01K_CRM560 0000

ST-ICO 150_700 0013

ST-SER 700_2008_1 0000

Kernel release 700

Sup.Pkg lvl 179

Windows Server 2003 SP2 x64

MSSQL 2005

Component version SAP Solution Manager 4.0

Note: Is it correct if I directly SP23 or should I go by sequence that is 16,17,18 till 23

Pls suggest

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to get the list of all componets for SP level 23,

login to http://service.sap.com/swdc -> support packages and patches -> A - z Index -> choose Solution manager 7.0 Ehp1 -> support package stack download -> selcet the start SP level and Target Sp level and proceed.

But in your case, you are planning from SP15 to SP23 , which is EHP upgrade, please proceed after reading the upgrade guides on http://service.sap.com/instguides -> sap components -. sap solution manager, there are more options available.

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000133522009E.PDF

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thanks for your participation. As I responded to Richard please have a look into that. I need to update the ST level from 15 to 23 does this mean applying support pack or ehp as you said. Please clarify.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to update your SAP Solution Manager 7.0 system to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1. To do this please follow instructions in document provided by Jansi above. In addition read Note 1169247 - Additional info for Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 update carefully.

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thanks for sending me the link. As per the link its clear that SPAM will not be used here only SAINT. I thought I'll have to update the software components using SPAM.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To update the system to SP 23 you also need to update the other software components such as SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA, BBPCRM,... because they all belong together and have dependencies.

The best way to get all necessary data is to create a valid maintenance optimizer transaction OR use the web application in SAP support portal (http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks). Let the MOPZ or the web application calculate the delta stack information and implement the update files.

Regards,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your participation. I understand that there is dependencies among the software components but is there any possibilty wherein I can just update the ST software component and not the others. Currently the ST ver is 400 and SP is 15 how would it be if I install the next level of SP till 23 like 16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23, will this let me update the level of ST to 23 from 15.

Also it is to inform you that I need to update the ST SP to 23 because the tcodes like SOLMAN_SETUP is not working on my current SOLMAN system, due to this I cant even proceed for MOPZ because that requires SOLMAN_SETUP.

Please guide if I should update all the software components present in the system which will a SUPPORT PACK STACK and also inform me if this is same as a Update of the version altogether.

If the above statement number 3 is correct then can I do this using SPAM by downloading the SPS from the OSS portal.

Please help me out with above

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot update ST component only because of dependencies to SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA. Also, PI_BASIS is relevant. So, I recommend updating the whole stack up to SP23.

You can donload all necessary files from OSS, put them into your trans dir and try to patch all via SPAM. SPAM will build a queue that defines the installation sequence. Alternative, and I would prefer this, is to generate a stack.xml file for the update process which you put into your installtion tool (e.g. SUM).

The xml can be generated as per web application I mentioned before. This application is nearly the same as the maintenance optimizer. Choose start and target stack and all files will be collected automatically. And you will receive the required stack.xml file.

Btw you'll need all files of all patches level for the update, ABAP components are not cumulativ. That's why generating the delta stack is a way better option than doing it all by hand.

Regards, Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reaching to some point after reading your response. Please let me know when does stack.xml comes into picture when I start applying SPS to the system using SPAM.

Also please clear me on the following which you said

"ABAP components are not cumulativ. That's why generating the delta stack is a way better option than doing it all by hand."

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

you don't need any stack.xml file when you use SPAM only for tools like SUM.

If you want to use SPAM only, you have to download all patches of all software components installed in your system up to the level you prefer as target stack (SP 23).

Do you have a Java stack also installed? It might be relevant for the update as well.

ABAP components are not cumulativ means that they build on the previous level. So, to update e.g. component SAP_BASIS to level 22 from existing level 16 you'll need to implement all levels in between - patch 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21.

Regards, Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

As per Jansi SPAM will not do here we'll have to use SAINT for this. Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh