cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Integration with ALE: Mapping of cost element groups to financial views does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working with PPM since several months and am now faced with a problem I could not get
solved although I kept searching for hints and solutions through lots of forums. So it is definitely time for my first post : )

I hope that somebody is able to help me.

We have PPM and SAP PS running on two different instances. Due to low service packages we
had to implement the FICO integration with ALE which is working fine. After
running RPM_FIN02 on the SAP PS instance the IDOC gets send to SAP PPM and the
table RPM_FIDATA in PPM gets filled with the correct amounts from the linked SAP
PS projects. So that’s fine. If I map single cost elements to financial views in
the financial settings in PPM the costs from the projects in SAP PS are
displayed in the PPM element after running the report /RPM/FIN_PLAN_INT. But if
I map cost element groups to the financial views it does not work. The entered
cost element groups get somehow ignored and I get all cost elements mapped to
all views which duplicate all my values in the PPM frontend. Has someone an
idea why this happens and what settings am I missing? Has it something to do
with the fact that I only can run the “old” reports (/RPM/FIN_PLAN_INT) due to
ALE Integration?

Thanks very much for your help!

Regards,
Anna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP confirmed that the functionality of the cost element group FICO integration is not possible with the ALE Szenario.

Regards,

Anna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anna,

I think you don't have any missing setting :

I have my financial views mapping against one cost element group + un cost element ( 2 different lines) and It works fine.

I had problems in the past because costs are duplicated after the settlement... but I implemented a OSS note and it was solved. ( My advice: Check your problem  before without any settlement , only with the original postings because the settlement has a special configuration)

Review your cost element group and check if it is fine check the OSS note it is possible there is a solution for your problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

thanks for your advice. I tried the integration of the original postings only. But it still is not working.

I already checked existing OSS notes but no one seems to have my problem.

The original postings are on a cost element e.g. 400000 (which is a cost element for IT costs) on the SAP PS instance. And they get sent to table RPM_FIDATA in PPM.

In the financial settings in PPM I have one view "actuals" and the type "primary costs". I distinguish two groups: "IT costs" and "material".

If cost element 400000 is mapped as a single cost element to the group view-type-group combination it is shown in PPM frontend under IT costs only.

If cost element group which includes cost element 400000 is mapped than it is showing in all the groups (in my case IT costs and material).

Are you working on two instances and also using ALE Integration?

Thanks, Anna

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anna,

I am working in 2 systems but I am using RFC connections not ALE, It is supposed that for uploading data from RPM_FIN02 to the item should be independent.... but really It is true that for retrieving the cost elements from a cost element group it has to connect to the other system  and come back with the result.

Then now I have a doubt if in ALE model it is possible works with cost element groups....I thinking it is not possible.

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sara,

that's what I thought as well. That in ALE model it is not possible to work with cost element groups because the earlier versions (RPM 4.5 e.g.) did not support the mapping of cost element groups.

Nevertheless I probably might check it with SAP directly and post it here if I get an useful answer!

Regards, Anna