cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap netviewer user license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we have total some sap application professional user,limited user and employee users. Can I install sap net viewer portal and use it for ESS or other application or I need SAP Netviewer user license.

Thanks in advance,

sahil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member610738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil

If i am understanding your question properly you are asking if we categorize users on netweaver also as professional, Semi Prof. and employee.

Acc to me , when a user is created at back end ( at R/3) he will be asssigned first with employee license (employee license are the users that can perform normal activities on portal).

Then according to functional requirements , we assign roles to them and assign prof or limited prof licenses at R/3 level.

Now when we talk about user at portal are the same users that we have  on R/3 but there is a need to perform mapping for these users so that a user can access his roles of R/3 at portal example - you can use timesheet tab at portal and can use tcode cat2 at R/3 for the same but in portal timesheet is not accesible until mapping is done between portal and R/3.

So in portal there is no categorization as prof or semi prof. for users.

WR

Swati

former_member610738
Participant
0 Kudos

But that also depends on your organisation if they have purchased unlimited license or a limited number.

If limited number then only the above reply applies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP User License are purchased on your company's Customer Number, which was assigned to company by SAP. so you are allowed to create User ID with same name in all SAP System. this will always count one license but the condition you have to assign same classification in all SAP systems.

exp. If you created SAP ID - XYZ with SAP Professional Classification in your Production System. then you are allowed to created with same User ID & Classification all System. it will always count as one Professional License.

So you need not purchase separate license for your Netviewer Portal.

regards,

Himanshu