Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria Whitelist/Blacklist application policy for Samsung devices

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Configuration Policy/Samsung/Applciation policy section, there is an option about "block all except whitelist". Is is walit all application on Samsung devices or is it valid only enterprise market?

What i wanna do, I try to block all apps except afaria client and some application that i deploy via enterprise market on afaria client.

Is it possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thnx David. Really helpful Document. Specialle SAFE SDK.

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thnx forreply Davice

Afaria Version checker app. confirmed that i can use AES2 in my tablet device.

But still i am confused about those things:

1. Disable Google play is easy. But what can i do for pre-installed apps. I listed invertory and there is 166 apps are installed. Problem is Whic one is safe to remove which one is not. If there is a naming rule about package name then i can use wild card such as  "add blacklist com.sec.android.*"  but there is no rule about that i think.

2. Same problem about like first , how can i decide which app is safe to remove?

3. If two issues shown above, 3rd  is very  easy to me 

Thnx...

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is an excellent document on Samsung security.

I would not worry about deleting all 166 apps, remember if you reset back to factory settings you will get all the apps back again. Some apps have data file associations, so if you remove the Music apps you will remove the capability of playing music ....

An alternative is to sync to the play store, then when you reset to factory setting and reconnect to play store all your apps will come back again.

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to be using a Samsung device with AES 2, not all Samsung devices support this. Have a look at this list of Safe Samsung devices.

To lock up a Samsung (AES2) devices you need to:

1. Remove all App store - Google play store apps and black list it.

2. Uninstall all other Apps.

3. Whitelist Afaria and then install enterprise apps.