cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify Duplicate before record gets into Data Manager...!!!!!

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I got a scenario, where the record flow from Portal(lets say BPM) into SAP MDM Data Manager...

My requirement is to find whether the record already exists in SAP MDM Data Manager or not????,mean before the record flow into Data Manager I need to know that similar record(Duplicate) exists over in Data Manager..

Is there any way..please help...

Regards.

Girish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Except MDM java api that Bala mentioned, you can also use MDM web service synchronousMatchNew<TableName> to check duplicate record in the case that the new record does not be needed to store in the MDM repository in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

We have same same scenario in our landscape.

1) Option 1

We are using MDM WD Config ( http://<host>:<port>:50000/mdm/wdconfig) to generate UI.

Click here to view integration.

Here you can find option generate Matching and Merging strategies UI (same can be use in Web dynpro and BPM).

Same you can use to validate duplicate before  creating record in MDM.

2) Option 2

You can use custom Java API.

Hope this help.

Thanks and Regards,

Sunil PAtil.

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Thanks for the reply and I am new to MDM world and much not familiar to JAVA API

Regards,

Girish

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello..

Anyone working on BPM or EP..kindly revert...where I have a scenario to check duplicate in Portal itself(not Manual)...before data gets into Data Manager.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

I think it would not be possible to check for duplicates without saving the data(temporarily of course) in the MDM system. Because MDM system cannot compare the data if it is not there in the repository.

Or you will have to temporarily export all the MDM records and then compare with the record getting created newly which will be time consuming and performance will also be affected.

• Can you please tell me why you do not want to store data in MDM temporarily?
  • If it turns out to be the duplicate, then you can delete the record from MDM, otherwise you can keep there.

• If your concern is that data flows to ECC as soon as it is stored in MDM, then you can certainly restrict the syndication if you want to.
  • You can add new field in MDM main table called Approval Status.
  • Set approval status of all the records to "Submitted" which are in workflow as of now.
  • The records which have completed workflow and duplicate check step, you can set the status as "Approved".
  • And then in syndication port map, you can include search filter that Approval Status should be "Approved". Then only the desired records will flow to ECC.

Please let me know your exact problem and requirement so that i can suggest accordingly, if any.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ankush,

• Yesterday even i came to a conclusion saying without have the data in MDM, there is no chance to find out the duplicate..

• But my team thinks that store data in MDM and remove it back if duplicate and to stop syndication its quite time consuming, therefore we need not to store data in MDM.

My exact requirement is as details flow in Portal, as user hits Approved, it will flow to MDM and then to ECC...

So I need any touch point some where in Portal where user checks for duplicate(as dump is anyways source from MDM in Portal), in an automated way instead of Manual

Hope it is clear, kindly revert me.

Regards,

Girish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

I am not sure where else you can do the duplicate check if you do not want to store data in MDM even temporarily.

The solution proposed by me earlier might take a little bit time to implement(but it should not take mush time) but it will be the best way(at least i think) to check duplicates and stop them from flowing into ECC. To restrict syndication process will not take more than a day to implement. Portal effort would remain to be done.

Rest it is your choice like how do you want to implement your solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Duplicates can be found against records that do not exist in the repository using the command ExecuteMatchingStrategyForNewRecordValuesCommand. You can refer Orit's example to understand how to implement it.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are wrong,  you can execute the matching(duplication check) without saving the data in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Data duplicacy can be checked & traced out in Data Manager.

Do you wish to manually check in Data Manager before a record flows into MDM?

Or you want to fix some process to check duplicacy automatically before a record flows?

Regards,

Ali

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

Duplicate check Data Manager that quite usual can go for Match and Merge or can check through free form search kind of....

My requirement is to check duplicate in MDM before record gets created in MDM..

Regards,

Girish

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

I mean Before the record getting seated into MDM, need to know whether there is a record in MDM wil same details....

Is there any possible ways to check Automatically where screen pops up and says duplicate exists such kind of???..

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

You can use below workaround for achieving your requirement:

Create matching strategy to check for duplicates.

When user presses on button "Check Duplicates" (say), you can store data record temporarily in MDM and trigger desired Matching Strategy(using APIs) to fetch probable duplicates based upon match score.

Then you can display the results on pop-up screen or show message that no duplicates exist.

You can remove the data stored in MDM as well using JAVA APIs. I hope this should resolve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ankush,

This is similar what exactly we run Matching strategy in Match Mode and quite useful, thanks for that..

But My requirement is...As soon we click approve in BPM flow, the data gets sits in MDM and syndicates to ECC...so I wana know is there any touch point to check duplicates before data enters MDM???

Regards,

Girish