cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin Sort sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Find below screen shot and Putway strategy "L"-Next empty bin maintained for both warehouse..

Let me know how system sort and determine the bin..whats the logical difference between the given 2 lines...

could any one explain with simple example for this below stucture

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this screen shot does not tell much without knowling how your storage bins are named.

the number sequence from 1 to 10 correspond to the digit of your storage bin name

usually you use coordinates for storage bin names, like 01-01-01 where the first 01 represents the row, the second 01 is the stack and the last 01 is the level, and all together make the name of a certain bin (shelf).

SAP usually fills the bins in alphabetical order. 01-01-01, next is 01-01-02 ....

this automatically leads to filling up row by row, so everything is stored just on one site of high rack while all other shelfs are are empty.

Sometimes it is better to fill the rows equally, means before you start with the second rack of the first row you would like to fill the first rack of the second row.

In this case you make use of the sort indicator.

if you only want to influence the sorting at the row level, then you only enter the sort indicator just below the digit number which represent your row, e.g. at digit 1 and 2 in my example.

former_member324258
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

May below link helpful to you,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1382417

Former Member
0 Kudos

document explaination is ok..but i am not able to capture the logic behind this sort position in the screen shot given above.

could you pls explain with your own example

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I never capture the logic behind the sorting just looking at that picture. You have to do the sorting and then look how the bins are sorted afterwards, only then it is understandable.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I48/FBS bins below

I31/FBS bins below

Now pls let me know the difference between these on stock placement/bin sequence logic

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at this picture, this should explains how the sort sequence is defined.

unfortunatly your new screen shots do not match with that logic, so I think you changed the sort sequence customizing after you had created your bins.