cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dc's

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

can anyone tell me the difference between components and development components?

thanks in advance

krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A <b>development component (DC)</b> is a project in the Design Time Repository (DTR). One or more DC's make up the distributable Software Component (SC). When defining a new DC, you define what type of DC it is. For example, a Java DC, a Web Dynpro DC, a J2EE Library DC, etc. When using the NWDI framework you create new DC's rather than projects in the NWDS.

A <b>Web Dynpro component</b> is the base unit of a Web Dynpro project. You will combine one or more Web Dynpro components to create your Web Dynpro application.

The use of the word "component" in different contexts can be very confusing. I hope my explanation helps answer your question.

Walter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Development Component(DCs) : They are the containers for all type of development objects(classes, interfaces,table declaration etc). These objects can be made visible by putting them under 'public part' so as to be used by outside world. And , hence increasing theie reusability.

This apporach of SAP is called SAP Component Model or Component Model.

regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

WebDynpro component is a reusable building block.This will contain all the custom controllers,views and windows etc etc.

If you want to reuse your webdynpro component you should create your component within a WebDynpro DevelopmentComponent.

Regards,Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Refer to the following link to get more information on DCs.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/02/6755bd296ade42931646f869b1fd15/frameset.htm">Development Components (DCs)</a>

Regards,

Jhansi