cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How UOM is picked in Punchout catalog in SRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Just needed some help with regards to Punchout catalog in SRM system. I am not able to understand how UOM is picked in the system.

The vendor has mentioned that for UOM Carton, the UOM that will be passed will be CT. In the SRM and ECC system, we have maintained UOM CTN and not CT in Trx CUNI. I thought because of this, the system will throw error. But still in testing, we see that CTN is picked by the system and PO created in ECC is also in CTN.

I am confused how the system knows that it needs to pick CTN, even though the vendor has mentioned that CT will be used for Carton.

It would really be helpful if you can guide me.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check which unit was transferred in the OCI data.

The conversion is done after that in

FM   BBP_WS_IMPORT_SC_DATA -> FORM CREATE_SC_ITEM_DATA -> FORM CONVERT_UNIT_TO_SAP

where the table T006 is read.

Most probably the UOM CT has been maintained in T006 for Carton, else you would receive an error like this: "Unit of measure CT is not an ISO code; item will not be transferred"

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Timea Geczi,

I see in t006 table that CT and CTN both are available. But CTN has ISO Code and CT does not have ISO Code.

Can it be the reason why CTN is picked and not CT?

Thanks

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe. I would debug the mentioned place to see what happens.

I hope you will be able to find the reason with this hint.

Regards,

Timea

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

your assumption is correct.

Unit assigned to material inside catalog must be an ISO code.

In your SAP system (ECC or SRM), transaction CUNI is used to convert the ISO code for concerned material into SAP Unit of Measure (internal UoM). Then, depending on logon language, the commercial UoM is used for display.

In your case, Internal UoM ('KAR' in my screen-shot) CTN has an ISO code being 'CT', that's why CTN is picked-up.

Check in CUNI transaction for dimension AAAADL (no dimension)

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (0)