cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch level and quality results

0 Kudos

Hi

We are using batch level at "material level". Analyses are done in plant 1 and part of the batch is transferd to plant 2 and sold from plant 2.

Now we can not print certificates or use the inspection lot in plant 1 in plant 2. Why does not the batch level applyes to qm data? Is there some solution or best practice?

(of courese we can copy the results but this will be bad for other reasons - example for al long term analyses and so on...)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand, you are using batch managed materials and inspection lot is not getting generated. Of course you can have QM in place for such materials also.

1. Have you activated inspection type 01 or 04 (as per the case) in material master QM view? This in fact causes inspection lot to generate.
  2. If you activate batch management, then at the time of GR system asks to put batch number.
  3. This batch number gets assigned automatically to 101 material document and to inspection lot also.

Regards, AR

0 Kudos

...yes... the results will then be a new inspection lot with inspection typ 01 in plant 2. How does that solves my problem? How can a certificate in plant 2 be printed with results from plant 1?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should generate inspection lot in another plant (i.e. Plant 2) for stock transfer movement and record result in  plant 2 against that inspection lot. This is true as the plant changes here and the same results do not apply in new plant as inspection lot is plant specific. You can think of either copying results from plant 1, as you mentioned or you can print the results giving reference to inspection lot in plant 1, in the program only hard code the plant as plant 2, so that the inspection results on certificate would be printed that belong to plant 1 and report shows plant 2.

But I would suggest to have separate inspection lot generation for plant 2 for result recording. Inspection results pertain to inspection lot and not only batch master.

Regards, Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have had this problem in the past.  It's not easy. 

So I guess my first question is why aren't you taking the results and specs from the batch?

If you must do it from the original inspection lot it can done via the FM's assigned. 

You have to create a new FM from the existing ones provided by SAP for inspection results and inspection specs.  These are used in the COA profile to determine where to get the results and specs. 

In the new FM's you have to put in the logic to find the newest inspection lot...or whatever logic you want to use to find the data.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by others, Results are plant specific. So you have to activate 08 Inspection Type (Stock Transfer) so that Plant 1 to Plant 2 transfer will create Inspection Lot.

Either you can enter the results manually or configure the copy of Inspection results from other Inspection lot.