cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot implement SAP LSSM (Loadable SAP Support Monitors) into DBACOCKPIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I wonder if anybody is facing similar issues. I want to implement LSSM (Loadable SAP Support Monitors) into DBACOCKPIT.

As per SAP notes 1314689 and 1299493 this is possible per Excel which does not work for me since I have Excel 2010 and the macros in the excel sheet do not work in Excel 2010 but just in Excel 2007.

So I tried the other way which is described in 1299493 and add an entry to table ORA_FEAT_USED

REMSYS     <Database-ID>

FEATURE    LSSM

IS USED    X

I also tried to left REMSYS blank hoping that system will notice that I was meaning the local database but still no help. I still cant see the Loadable SAP Support Monitors in DBACOCKPIT.

Any ideas?

P.S: We are on SAP_BASIS 701 SP07, so this should not be the problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The ABAP RSORASTT access to LSSM is not supported anymore.

The entry in DBACOCKPIT is gone.

The class for using LSSM is still there (CL_ORA_ACTION_RSORASTT) but I was not able to make it work.

So LSSM could now only be access through the Excel file... if you are lucky enough to find a 2007 version of Excel ...

It is not working on 2013 either .. So bad !

Regards

1314689 - DBA Cockpit: Dynamic loadable monitors (RSORASTT)

1880932 - Löschung RSORASTT

http://scn.sap.com/community/oracle/blog/2009/12/25/oracle-database-monitoring--introduction-of-lssm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. This is what I searched (not) for 😞

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I've just tested the latest version (v17) of the RSORASTT Excel spreadsheet attached to note 1299493 - Loadable SAP Support Monitors and I was able to make it work on Excel 2010.

You need to activate SAP Gui scripting on the instance (in RZ10 or RZ11 set parameter to sapgui/user_scripting to True).

You also need to open a SAP Gui session on the target SAP instance and get into the "SQL command editor" module of DB02 (/Performance/Additional functions)

Regards

Answers (0)