cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increasing the size of job log file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We need to increase the job log file size (job log used in SM37) in our SAP system. Could you please guide us whats the parameter to do this.

Thank you

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

May I know why do you want to do it? If its just due keep job logs for longer time you can change (create your own) variant for program RSBTCDEL runed by job SAP_REORG_JOBS. You can check existing variants for this program in SE38. Just keep in mind to have enough space in /sapmnt/SID/global filesystem/disk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matej.

By default the job log file size is 2gb (max).

We need to increase this max size in order to avoid failing of jobs that bw sends. this report can not be used as we can not define the job name as it comes in random by the bw system.

Moreover, I am interested in the size of the log file and not the days.

Thank you for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem is with TemSe which cannot handle files bigger than 2 GB so it cannot be solved by changing log file size.

TemSe cannot manage any objects larger than 2 GB, indepent of whether the object is stored in the database or at file system level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matej

You are right, its mentioned in Note 48400 - Reorganization of TemSe and Spool

However, my problem still remains that how should I manage to avoid my bw job from failing. Can you guide with a solution against this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I saw one helpful nore should be 90186, but unfortunately is currently not available. If you tried use note 48400 as you mentioned and consistency check was ok. I would recommend create topic about spliting these BW jobs in related part of this forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to change the below paramerter and check whether it helps.

rslg/max_diskspace_central

Specifies the maximum length of the central log.

2,000,000 bytes

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/c7/69bcbaf36611d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal